Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 3 with Kyra

Welcome to week with 3 with Kyra and "Basket Buddies"! Today she has put together this beautifully masked collage of mixed sets and images. I especially love this chocolate point Siamese she colored! Check out her card making instructions below.

I stamped the postage stamp frame from Tami Mayberry's "Special Delivery" set with London Fog Memento ink. I stamped the puppies and kitties, from "Basket Buddies," with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I masked the kitties and puppies, stamped the leaves from Melanie's "A Year of Leaves," and put masks over them as well.

Using Ranger Distress Inks, I blended colors around the masked images to build a base background. I sprayed the piece with water and dripped alcohol in a few places on the ink background. Note: when working with alcohol, always apply it and let it dry before using alcohol based markers.

When everything was dry, I removed the masks and colored the images with Copic markers. I put glossy accents on their eyes and the puppies' noses, and set them aside to dry. When they had dried, I stamped "First Class" and "Best Friends" on the panel.

I stamped Tami's "I Love You" cancellation in Tuxedo Black, then stamped the bow from "Basket Buddies" over it. I cut out the cancellation and bow image, and a coordinating scalloped circle. I cut out the bold Chocolate Chip pure luxury base, distressed it a little, then used my faux stitching method to give it a nice finish. I adhered these four pieces together, then set aside to finish the rest of the card.

{faux stitching video can be found here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16646687}

The base is Fresh Asparagus Pure Luxury, topped with a 5.25" x 4" piece of Cosmo Cricket Leaf and Acorn paper. The center piece is Pure Luxury Blue Raspberry, slightly distressed, topped with a coordinating striped paper from Cosmo Cricket and a line of Hobby Lobby organdy ribbon and bow.

I assembled all the pieces, then added the star and nailheads to the upper left. The center of the bow is a Robin's Nest dew drop. I used the Center Stage Spotlight Alumni's sketch for the design.

Now please go see Kyra's blog for another inspiring project!

Tomorrow, a bookmark from me with two recent sets, but no pets! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! That's a lot of masking, but the result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyra, this is beautiful. Love the mixture of these adorable stamps and the beautiful colors.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous card! love all the animals together - way to go Kyra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is an awesome card! Love how it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)