Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Inspiration Hops, Day 2: Elegant Flourishes and Stamper's Favorites

Good morning!  The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas for our new sets, and as you hop through our blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

Today we start off with my new set Stamper's FavoritesWhich image is your favorite in the set?  Or rather, which of these faves do you/did you already have a little stamping "thing" for?  As you know I am pretty partial to flowers, but I love all these others too (and I can't tell you how happy I am to receive all the customer requests form Gina K fans for a feather!  That is a fun trend that is here to stay!)

The hummingbird is the illustration I hinted at a few months ago when I said I thought it turned out to be one of my best.  I wanted to show you here with these "lovebirds" that you can stamp them at different angles are on your projects to make them look like different birds so they can pair up!  There are also many ways to color these, both stamped in black here, I made one a Ruby-throated  (RV25, RV000, YG93, YG97) and the other an Emerald (RV25, G05, B06,B37, YG67, BV31).  Try Google search for hummingbird for color reference (here is a good page) or check back on this blog often as I know I want to recreate every species!  :) Their tiny iridescent feathers are like scales, so I did a little stippling with the markers .  Watch for a video this will be my next one!   Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Passionate Pink and Black Onyx.  I love how the pink just pops on his throat, the greeting and the flower (which I cut out from pink cardstock and popped up).  Sponge just a bit of Ocean Mist ink to create the sky behind them.  I also used the leaves from the set to finish the scene.  Last I added one of Theresa's Vertical Greetings.
 

Here is one I shared at the party with the feather.  There are so many ways to repeat this image and accent to create movement on your card,  with stitching,  rows of bling, stamping off,  or pierced trails like you see here.  Stamping off the image in Gina K.  Moonlit Fog at different angles look like they are gently wafting down from above.  Coloring just one feather red and popping it up (or cutting it out from red cardstock) really makes a statement.  The feather, which measure over 3" long, is a great addition to any nature card. It's like a masculine flower. ;) Greeting is from Beth's Lots of Lines set.


We are also showcasing Elegant Flourishes by Carolyn King. So excited to have these new decorative elements from Cammie, that can be used alone or with almost anything else of your choice! I like her new set and mine so much I just have to keep putting them together!  Doesn't this butterfly look fabulous with these flourishes?  Butterflies are always better flying from a flourish, I always say! ;) It's like, poof, magic!  

  I stamped the large and small flourishes in Gina K.  Cherry Red and Innocent Pink ink, stamping each off to make the flourishes dimensional, then did just a bit of sponging with the Innocent Pink along two sides and accented with some tiny adhesive pearls.  Cardstock is Gina K. Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Innocent Pink and White

And last is one I made with the dot circle in the Elegant Flourishes set, not just for "elegant" cards, these make fantastic whimsical or graphic elements, too!  Starting at the top of a panel, I stamped a row in each ink color, Cherry Red, Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn, Grass Green and Turquoise Sea inks, stamping off for the in between shades, then turned my mat horizontally and added hello from my Lots of Letters set in Black Onyx side the circles.  The size is just perfect for this alpha! And was a design element I do NOT have in that set!  Finally I jazzed it up with a tiny rhinestone in between the circle rows and mounted on a Pure Luxury Cherry Red base.  Easy peasy!

For more cards I've already created with the Stamper's Favorites set, please visit my StampTV gallery.



Here are the sets we are sharing today:



Now please enjoy more inspiration for our Gina K. Designs design team.  Don't forget to leave comments for more chances to win!


73 comments:

Carolyn King said...

AS you know....I love your set and these samples just are amazing! You really show the versatility of both sets and I am ohhing and ahhing over each one!

catdidit said...

You always amaze me with your creations MF! Totally lovng that red feather one!!

CardsCookiesCarrotCake said...

Stunning cards! The card with the feathers has such lovely movement. Thanks!

Susan said...

Fantastic cards. Love them all.

Sean Fetterman said...

Mel, these are so GORGEOUS! They are bright, beautiful, elegant and so much perfect! You are amazing! Hugs! Seanie

Penny said...

Another gorgeous set, Melanie and your cards are so stunning! This is the reason I like following your blog.

Betty said...

As always, great stuff!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards!

Ravengirl said...

Whoa! Wow!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! All of the cards you made with these sets are absolutely stunning!

Lynne said...

My goodness, Mel, these cards are wonderful. I love the way you colored the humming birds.

Lisa K said...

I love all the cards, but I really love those hummingbirds. It's great that you are showcasing them in their real colors. I will keep checking back!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- these are amazing samples!!!!

Janis Siehs said...

Love the shadow stamping on these cards, beautiful. Thank you!

Barbara said...

Love the new stamp sets and love your beautiful coloring on your pretty cards. That red feather is gorgeous by the way.

Tami Priebe said...

Hummers are beautiful. The feathers are one of my favorites. Love the dimension on the butterfly card and what a cute idea on the hello card. Wonderfully done great job :)

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful cards! Love these new images, especially the hummingbirds. They remind me of the ones who daily come to our birdfeeder! Thanks for the inspiration!!

mermaid fenicia said...

Those cards are lovely ^_^

Queen-of-Cards said...

very pretty!

Joce Turner said...

So loving this months stamps. Feathers and hummingbirds, what could be better!

dskene said...

I love your whole set, especially the hummingbird and the feather.

Joce Turner said...

Wow! Love the Hummingbirds and the feather leaves me breathless. So love everything, thank you!

Jan Castle said...

GORGEOUS cards!!!!! Your sets just keep getting better and better....so creative!
Jan

Olga said...

The cards are gorgeous! The one with butterfly is super cool!

Judy said...

Wow,wow and wow! The hummingbirds are absolutely gorgeous!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful hummers and I really like your colorful hello card, Mel!

Debbie Corbari said...

Wow Mel, your hummingbird card is so beautiful and cool that they look like 2 different birds!!! Shazam!

Tish said...

In love with the feathers. So elegant, too.
Tish

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the humming birds card and the feather on the 'many thanks' card, look real!!

Frances Krug said...

Wow! Love the hummingbird and that flower. Beautiful cards.

Christine Macneil said...

Gorgeous cards, Melanie - as always. I have to say that my favorite is the Hello Card! :)

Barbara said...

I love your technique of stamping in lighter inks. Wonderful effect.

KraftyKim said...

Simply beautiful - thanks for sharing.

JulieAS6078 said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE these samples! I especially like the "Many Thanks" using the "stamping off" technique with the feathers! I also see this same card as used for a sympathy card with the colored feather maybe being a shade of grayish-blue for example...

Diane Stricker said...

Love the hummingbird card, beautiful coloring. Other cards are beautiful also.

Julie S. said...

Beautiful! I like them all, but the ones with the hummingbirds and the butterfly just popped! I'll definitely be placing two orders from this release!

Donna Phelan said...

SPECTACULAR card! That feather one is simply AMAZING. Love the coloring of your hummingbirds too....oh man, they are ALL fantastic! TFS!!!

Mk Johnson said...

WOW, beautiful color!

Parker said...

What a great tip I picked up.... shadowing the flourishes. Needless to say, all the cards are great.

Marty Keil said...

Lovely card samples, designs and stamps. Thanks.

Ladyshippers said...

Such clever designs. I love the feathers, such a light touch. No pun intended:)

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Awesome cards as always. I think the feather was what sold me on the set (can't wait to get it!) but I do like the hummer and the butterfly. Thanks for providing the coloring deets for the hummers. Love the last card with the colored circle dots. Truly inspired.

kathy ness said...

So beautiful. I love these new designs!

Ladyshippers said...

The hummingbirds look like they are really hovering, so cleverly done. They are all very cleverly done and I really like the feathers too. So effective.

Craftyfashionista said...

I love love love the flower. Makes me think of summer. Great work.

Craftyfashionista said...

Very elegant and classy work

Sue D said...

What fabulous cards with these stamps!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

GORGEOUS!!! Especially the hummingbirds! My set is on the way and I can't wait to play with it. Have a great week Melanie

Tammie Lien said...

Takes my breathe away the way you create your gorgeous cards.Thanks for sharing and hugs:)

Stephanie McKnight said...

Love your hummingbird card - looks like a real painting, the choice of colors just beautiful.

Gayle said...

These are so gorgeous!

Nana Griffin said...

Oh my! These are cool!

Nana Griffin said...

Oh my! These are cool!

Dee said...

Awesome way to showcase the red feather! My favorite is the hummer card--especially the coloring of the ruby-throat since they come to our feeder every summer. I love that stamp!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh ate these lovely cards!

Cammi said...

Wow! What lovely cards! I adore the humming birds!

Debbie Elholm said...

These cards areso beautful. The hummingbirds are amazing! Can't wait to get these stamps!

nzillingworth said...

LOVE THOSE SENTIMENTS GOING DOWN AS SO UNUSUAL

cairn1 said...

Loved all your cards, especially the vertical sentiments.

Helen F. said...

The hummingbird is beautiful, Melanie. Your coloring really brings each one to life! Also love the flower, butterfly and feather in this new set :o)

Anya said...

Beautiful, elegant cards! The hummingbird set is quite lovely too.

Golda said...

These are all beautiful!

Luanna said...

My, I don't know which of your cards I like the best, but it's a toss-up between the hummingbirds and the feathers.

Cheryl Depler said...

All of your cards are great! Thanks!

Kitty said...

Your cards are awesome. I especially love the first one with the two hummers

Kathleen

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my goodness, your colors are all just beautiful here. Love the red feather and piercing. That card is just stunning!!

serenity6883 said...

The feather card is my favorite, it is fabulous! The hummingbird colors are amazing. You are very talented. Thanks for the inspiration.

sharonv said...

Very beautiful cards. Love the use of so many of the new stamps. Great cards.

Mrs B said...

Hi Melanie. Loving all of the cards but the feather "Many thanks" one is stunning. Take care.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are gorgeous!

Louise H. said...

Your cards are outstanding, particularly the hummingbirds.

Luanda said...

Wow, every card is gorgeous. I love, love, love that feather and the hummingbird.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I especially love the love birds!