Monday, December 16, 2013

Blue Jay



Goods morning!  I hop you had a wonderful weekend.  Another sample today with my new set.  I wanted to make a more masculine design* with Stamper's Favorites so I created a card focusing on the feather, colored to look like that of a blue jay.  Stamp the greeting next to the tip and it gives the impression it's been written by a quill. I love the old world feel it lends the card and makes it bit more personal as if the the greeting is handwritten.  :)  I used a W-5 for the dark areas and B05 and B12 for the blue stripes and finally BV02 for shadow.  Cardstock is Pure Luxury Blue Raspberry, Black Onyx, White and Charcoal Brown. I added some scoring to the top and bottom with my Scor-Buddy and a black brad to the corner.


*And then found all my natural fiber supply I intended to use was a exhausted.  So, we ended up with a turquoise ribbon and modified design to accommodate, maybe not so masculine after all!

4 comments:

  1. Genius! A beautiful clean and simple card!!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. I think it would be perfect for a masculine card too, but anyone would enjoy it for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Just got my set on Saturday and it's already been dipped in ink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the feather on this card - I saw some feather stamps, but I thought they would be difficult to color. Would you consider providing a how-to? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)