Monday, December 9, 2013

Inspiration Hops, Day 1: It's the Little Things and Vertical Greetings






Good morning!  The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas for our new sets, and as you hop through our blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.


 First up, we have Becky Oehler's darling set It's the Little ThingsI am in love with this little elephant, and I love all the options it and the other animals in this set can hold.  Not just for baby cards, there are so fun and sweet for any time.  I decided to use the kite because I really liked how you can add the little bows to the kite string in any colors you want with the clear image.  Accenting the side with some grosgrain ties were just the right embellishment.  Cardstock is Pure Luxury White and Innocent Pink.

Next up we have Theresa Momber's Vertical GreetingsYou might as well call this set "versatile Greetings, because they aren't just an orientation they make for a huge design elements in your cards!  I made a CAS one to show how you can use the greetings alone to make a very cool, graphic looking design.  Ink is Gina K. Red Hot, Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn, Grass Green and Turquoise Sea, stamped in that order and then again going in the reverse back up the right side.  I added one tiny rhinestone to accent the "i" in the middle greeting.  I love how this makes and arrow or part of a huge chevron. ;)  Cardstock is Pure Luxury Red Hot and White.

But she includes classic images that are so pretty for backgrounds or focal points, of course, as well.  I chose to make one red so it would pop from the subdued blue ones. and used Gina K. Moonlit Fog ink to stamp the flowers so the greetings stamped in Black Onyx ink over it would be easily read.  Copics BG93, G24, E07.  Cardstock is Pure Luxury Little Boy Blue, Cherry Red, and White.

Here are the sets we featured today:
 


 

 

Now please enjoy more inspiration from our Gina K.Designs design team:

64 comments:

  1. Awww---that elephant card is just so dang adorable. Love the patriotic flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these sets and your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love your darling elephant and pretty floral cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you lined up the birthday sentiments...so cool! The elephant card is absolutely adorable and your blue and red poppies are BEAUTIFUL!!! Shazam! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards--I really like the adorable elephant card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great designs! Really like the birthday card - what a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I just gasped when I saw your Elephant card. Seeing all these makes me want that set so bad. All your cards are so Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards! I need both sets! Gotta have 'em! You made me want to! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards-they're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sweet elephant card, and the poppies card is beautiful, but the sentiment card that looks like a heart really touched mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, but I especially like the elephant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that little elephant card, too cute and I am very impressed with your in-line stamping of Theresa's vertical stamp, happy birthday. You will need to do a tutorial on how you did that. Mine definitely would not have lined up as beautifully as yours are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute elephant & what a unique way to use the vertical greeting, can't wait to give it a try. Love the way the red pops & your use of copics, I don't use them much really need to start experimenting. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That elephant is adorbs


    And I had a smack on the forehead WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT. With the rainbow birthday card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous ways of using those stamps from those sets. I might have to have Santa order me a few of them yet. I only ordered limited but I am really wishing I had included others. You are an enabler and I love it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy all your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards. Love them. Wonderful work.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A pink elephant, how absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are wonderful as always. Love the design element on the birthday card and your coloring on the poppies. And is that elephant pink or did someone spike my water? Soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mel, your talent makes me giddy! I love your creativity! You inspire me more than you'll ever know! Hugs! Seanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. SIMPLE IDEAS ARE THE BEST , AND THESE CARDS ARE THE BEST

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the wonderful colors on these cards. You're really making me want these stamps. Thanks, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards, Melanie! Such a creative way to showcase these fab new stamp sets...thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Elephant card is so adorable and I'm liking the bows. The happy birthday sentiment used many times... very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards, love the little elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea just using the verticle birthday greeting all across the card. Such a simple but very cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love them all but I think the birthday is my fave. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a cute little pink elephant, love him. Then the flowers on your next card, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  30. the elephant card is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your elephant card is absolutely adorable. Love the kite.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your graphic design card is a stunner! However did you get them to line up so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Always love all of your cards and these are no exception. They're just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am loving your use of colors on these! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both cards. Fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love all of them. Love the flower card, I am going to have to put these stamps on my wish list for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute, cute elephant! and love your vertical greetings cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the elephant. The flowers are so nice with the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awwwww. A pink elephant, I've seen a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
  40. A sweet little pink elephant, a gorgeous red poppy and love the way you used the greeting over and over as the focal. Wonderful cards, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sure the elephant card is cute but WOW look at those vertical sentiment cards. Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  42. this little Elephant melts my heart

    ReplyDelete
  43. These cards are great! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great ideas! I would not have thought to have one flower a different colour than the rest but it looks amazing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both are beautiful. Your coloring technique is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love all your cards, but especially the one with the little elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love that sweet little elephant card! Your coloring is superb! All cards are lovely, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That elephant is darling. .. love those shadows on her. The sentiment arrow is clever!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful cards. Thank you

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  50. What wonderful ideas! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a cute little elephant! Great card. I like what you did with the multi colored Happy Birthday Greetings to make the focal point of that card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh My I LOVE that elephant card, so creative. The vertical birthday greetings is such a neat idea too, and of course, your beautiful flowers card--you can bet I'll be coming back for inspiration when I get my hands on my set! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  53. All your cards are so lovely. The flower one is especially gorgeous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Melanie. Love your cards, the elephant is gorgeous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love what you did with the vertical greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Good golly miss molly!!! How can I pick a favorite from all these wonderful cards???? They are all GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)