Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blog candy winner!

I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading your comments more than I did today! I hope you will all have time soon or when you are needing a lift to go back to the previous post and read them, they are like several months helping of "Chicken Soup for the Soul"! You've been on the receiving end of some remarkable acts of kindness, and I know it is because you all shine for others when needed! It was wonderful to hear how many of you remembered the smallest things done by strangers 20 and thirty years ago, talk about leaving an impression! :)

The winner of the "Gifts from the Sea" set (and I wish I had 80 to give away) is:

Lori said...
Love that story! The first thing that came to mind, is when one of my students was moving away, and he said, "Lori, you are the best teacher I have ever had, and I will always remember you." I knew this young man for about 2 years, and I'm glad I made a difference to him, his life is going to continue to be very hard. Off to wish Cammie a happy b-day!

April 24, 2010 12:57 PM

Congrats Lori, please email me with your snail addy so I can pop your set in the mail! Thank you to everyone who went and left birthday wishes for Cammie (I totally think she's onto us!!) ;)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Lori, I am so jealous!! However, your story touched my heart too as I am also a teacher and I know how great it feels to know you helped at least one student:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lori! Enjoy your set :-) and thanks Melanie, for offering another great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lori.....such a touching story.....and you will be in their hearts forever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melanie, and everyone! I am so excited, now I can buy another set this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Lori...way to go girl! Friday, on my daughter's way home for the weekend, she read me a letter a student had left for her. My daughter is a Special Needs middle school teacher. This graduating student, wrote a most beautiful thank note to my daughter Misty. I was in tears before she had finished the letter. I simply told her...there you go, another (what I call) teacher moment to hold onto a remember when her day has gone to heck in a hand basket. Misty simply said..."thanks Mom, I'll call you in a little while. I love you!" I know how Lori felt, as I am also a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)