Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful ...for Friends and Family

I recently reached out to my past guest designers to let them know I would love to feature them again on my blog, revisiting the set they designed with. The first person to reach back was Allison Cope, with this beautiful "Hand in Hand" sample, how precious (and appropriate!) is that?

"A friend is a hand always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be."
This white, cocoa and olive combo is so pretty, and her coloring just keeps getting better and better! I love how she stamped this in a tan ink to make the outline more subtle, feel like I could reach out and grab hold of these hands! Instead of patterned paper, she created this beautiful embossed resist background with the holly vine from Theresa's "A Very Merry Christmas", and I love the sparkle she added around the round die cut, adds an extra bit of magic to the image!


Pleas be sure to visit Ally's blog and see what she has been up to lately, her blog is always full of crafty inspiration! Thank you every much Allison for taking the time to make this beautiful work of heart!

I also thought it was very appropriate to share this card with you on Thanksgiving! How very blessed I have been to get to know so many amazing people around the world, build lasting relationships and share a hobby we are all so passionate about! I am very thankful for the craft and the technology that brings us all so close we can ask questions, request prayers and just learn more about and from each other. The Lord is doing so much in my life and I look forward to sharing a lot more about things I've been reading that have touched me and things that have been on my heart. I look forward to deeper friendships with all of you in the coming year and I hope to hear from more of you and get to know some of you better, (those of you who are anonymous or don't have contact info!) lurkers, I know you are out there! :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, be safe and count your blessings!

15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!! Fabulous coloring and design! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! I love everything about it, esp the stamped image and the sentiment.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ally's card! Stamping in the beige ink is BRILLIANT with these stamps!! I'm definitely going to try that with my set :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Everything about it is just stunning! TFS - Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so BEAUTIFUL!! I live this set and she did a FABULOUS job on the coloring! Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh- the coloring on this is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Melanie and family! Thank you for the opportunity to design using your beautiful stamp set. I am so thankful for all the amazing people I have met with this craft and you happen to be one of them! Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving Melanie! Thank for the inspiration you share!!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy T day Melanie! Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoughtful are those hands. Happy Thanksgiving Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card overall. I like how you made the two hands slightly different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card! I would never have thought that color combination would be so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Wonderful ... I so wish I could color!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and lovely saying. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)