Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Happy Happy



Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend! Be sure to watch my video with some tips for the triangles from Lots of Letters 2 in the post below if you have not done so already.  Gina will be featuring it today on StampTV. Here is another sample I made as a warm up when my set first arrived to show you how to make pennant banners. Be sure to use the line as a guide like I showed in the video rather than trying to bend the border!*   TIP:  Since you are doing multiples of the same word on this design, remember to stamp out the H on all banners before peeling off and switching to the A.  :)  Here I added my letters to the triangles and then added bakers twine with a little Mono Multi adhesive to make the pennants look strung. 
Isn't it amazing how different these triangles can look depending on the orientation and colors, contrasting this with the Dad's Day card I shared with my tip sheet and the harlequin pattern in today's video.  (I am just getting started with what these babies can do, too!) This design is a little bright for me, but festive and just right for a kid's birthday.  TIP: The small elements like the circle and star here would also stamp up some quick matching gift wrap on white paper or plain gift bag.   Now that Lots of Letters (with the lower case) is back in stock, I will be showing a fun  mash up of the caps and lower case together in my next video!

Anything else you'd like to see?  Happy Monday!

Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Lots of Letters 2
Gina K. Sweet Mango, Turquoise Sea, Passionate Pink, Grass Green and Black Onyx ink pads
Pure Luxury White and Turquoise Sea cardstock
Twine, pop dots

3 3/4” x 5” white mat

* I appreciate all the supportive messages I received thanking me for sharing my goof and being a cautionary tale for the rest of you. ;)

4 comments:

  1. That is indeed a happy card with all those bright colors and banners you created. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I need to break out my stamps again - love all the inspiration you have been giving us with the Lots of Letters 2!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card! Love the bright banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is sooo fun and it sure does inspire happy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)