Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Video: Pencils and Pressure

 
In today’s video, I will show you how to quickly add color to your stamped images with colored pencils on colored cardstock and how to give them a curled and 3D dimensional effect using a stylus and a mouse pad.  Pencils are a fast and easy way to create fine detail and a textured look on your projects. Be sure to watch the whole video as I show a different portrait style orientation of the same design pictured above. Please enjoy! It may be difficult to see the dimension added in this top down video orientation view, but the way the petals open so realistically, it's a "wow" in real life! :) 

I used my hibiscus from Stately Flowers 4 today.  (I am so ready for the beach)

See all my Stately Flowers sets here.


Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 4 stamp set (CLEAR)
Gina K. Pure Luxury Lemon Drop (4 ¼” x 11, scored at 5 ½”, and scrap for flower and butterfly) Black Onyx 3 5/8” x 5 ½”) and Layering Weight White (3” x 5”)
Gina K. Black Onyx and Blue Raspberry ink ads
Spectrum Noir Primary Colored Pencil set, blending stump and Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits)
Sponge dauber, scissors, adhesive, stylus and mouse pad


Thanks for watching and stopping by!  Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Very different to use a colored base for the flower. Learned something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tip to use the yellow paper- really saves a lot of time...your cards are beautiful Melanie - thank you for sharing!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I love this idea. It looks so quick and easy. I will try that tomorrow. I have all of your stately flower sets and love them all. Have used them over and over. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)