Monday, June 15, 2020

Inspiration, Day 1: Macramade with Love and Let's Celebrate

Good morning! Welcome to our first day of inspiration hops! It's been awhile, I've missed these so! Glad you are joining in!  Please enjoy the teams ideas today and I hope you will leave comments as you go, you could win a $50 gift certificate to Gina K. Designs! You are not required to comment on every stop, but the more comments you leave the better you chances of winning, and we love hearing from you!  Hope you enjoy all ideas and samples with the sets. Today we are showcasing my Macramade with Love and Beth's Let's Celebrate.  Here we go!

I am having so much fun with these macramé images! I peeked the edge of this card in my ombre video last week, did any of you guess I had these hands from the Nature's Touch kit stamped and clinging for dear life from the end of the rope? I just couldn't resist with this greeting, hee hee!

Here I stamped one of the larger more intricate piece twice, then the tassels.  This greeting is from Emily's Baby Boy which we are showing tomorrow.  I really like all I've been seeing of modern nurseries with macrame and other crafty touches and neutral colors to "man up" a little man's room, but still have a softness and sweetness to it! Cardstock is GKD Pure Luxury White, Black Onyx and Tranquil Teal.  I heart these new rainbow hearts!!!
 Here is the card I showed during the release using the beautiful coordinating dies, I loved cutting a pile to match the 3 different tassels and get a fussy cut look so quickly! All images are stamped inn Soft Stone for a more subtle look. I colored them with my Everblend markers and used a Life Changing Blending Brush to give the Blue Raspberry mat a nice glow with Blue Denim ink at the bottom.  A teeny strip of Sandy Beach layered behind the popped up die cut and it look like you knotted  the rope on a dowel, and easy way to add an extra earthy touch and texture with your scraps.
This was a fun one to build with the round knotted pieces, hearts and large tassel.  Combos are endless! Instead of using the two step filler stamps on these, I colored with a marker to leave some strands white, really like the two toned effect. I just love the different looks this allows, and how it lends to whether you feel like stamping to add color or coloring yourself.  Cardstock is GKD Pure Luxury White, Black Onyx and Peach Bellini. A tiny heart is so fun on top of the o or the v in this love stamp in my set!!

Here are a couple border cards, I can't leave this image out of the hop! One I did with the coordinating dies. I LOVE the intertwined knots with a thank you or love card, all snuggly!! (It's called a double something or other and I will tell you later when I remember!) I so enjoyed drawing these! I will do a video with some coloring tips,  it is fun to follow the cord, but color however YOU like!

The other with the Master Layout set of dies for the mats and sentiment mat. I covered the knots with the oval die cuts on the black and white card and added tassels, but it's that same image! Just wanted to emphasize the rope more than the knots to go with the greeting, know what I mean?


I have all my favorite shades of blue GKD inks (yes, pretty much every blue! Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Blue Raspberry, Blue Denim, Tranquil Teal) with the image made up of two round pieces.  This makes a beautiful anywhere border, or fill up your whole card! You could stamp this all in one color with the line art, and then fill them in with the different colors with the 2 step image, or change color for each row like I did here and leave open. Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Sea Glass and Tranquil Teal.
The set's "miss you" greeting works so well where you'd *expect* some tassels to be, and darn it, if I don't miss pretty much EVERYONE right now, you know??  KNOT even funny!! I added some of the new Clear Quartz solid sequins to the intersections and think these round embellishes are a perfect match for this macramé element.

I forgot to post last week's video with the direct to stamp technique to my blog, so in case you missed it, here 'tis!

There is so much more than can be done with this set in the more straightforward ways I've shown today, but I have to leave some surprises for videos upcoming! Stay tuned and get ready to stamp some awesome stuff with me! You will also see this set used in our hops the next two days because it plays SO WELL with out other release sets!

Next we have Let's Celebrate. I really love the fonts in this set and greeting combos you can make. They are also fun to bling up. This first card I used the different bits to make a confetti wreath in GKD Sea Glass, Passionate Pink, Lucky Clover, and Wild Dandelion.  One pink heart from the new rainbow heart embellishments to dot the i was the perfect little something. I cannot stop using these teeny so you cute you want to eat them hearts. Seriously, you need these things, get 'em while you can! Cardstock is GKD Pure Luxury White and Wild Dandelion.
 For this next card I had to add some of the open hands from the new Nature's Touch Kit (we're showcasing that on Wednesday!), stamped in Jet Black Amalgam ink (I needed to reink my pad and stamped without the MISTI, so couldn't go over it, sorry it's not as crisp as it could be, my bad!)   I used different ink cubes to roll the edge of the confetti image and greeting to make a virtual tie dye of color-Wild Dandelion, Key Lime, Tangerine Twist, Red Velvet and Tranquil Teal.  Base is Pure Luxury White. I added more rainbow hearts with glue plus a couple of the new Angel Aura rhinestones for sparkle. 


Ready to see more inspiration with these stamp sets and other new products?!  
Happy hopping and shopping!
All products can be found here.

76 comments:

  1. The cards are delightful Melanie - love the wreath builder card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie! This set is delightful and reminds me so much of my childhood. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! We're oldies (but goodies)

      Delete
  3. I love how the rainbow confetti turned out. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ombré effect! These are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards! I really enjoyed watching your set debut last Wed. night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thank you card is my favorite, love the colours you chose. Just love the knot stamp and the end of your rope phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being specific, Ann, it helps! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the versatility of all the new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous cards and such great color choices too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how lovely and different your set is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So unique! Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have ordered some of these and can't wait for them to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melanie,your cars and designs are always fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Melanie, you have outdone yourself with all these fabulous creations! I love them all, especially that clever baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great Melanie!! I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever, creative new stamp set. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Each of these Melanie are so lovely - I always like to view your work - some fabulous creations here--- Love the colors - and layouts - the ones with the die cuts are cute cute - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your cards are amazing. I really didn't know how I would use this stamp set until I saw these! Your colors and style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm amazed at how versatile the stamps are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards and the new set. Must get it when things settle down

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many fabulous cards! You did a great job with your new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards! There is lots of inspiration to find in them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You do beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Melanie, this is one of the most creative stamp sets I have ever seen! So clever and versatile. I love the way you "threw" that confetti, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! This set is amazing and I love your variety of inspirations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Takes me right back to the 70's. Beautiful stamp sets and the cards are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your macrame set is so unique! So many fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the colors in the macrame thank you card

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such an amazing versatile set! I really love the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great varied use of your Macramade With Love Set and I love your playful use of the Let's Celebrate and the Rainbow Hearts Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have always loved the saying "when you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot a hold on." How perfect for macrame cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only heard it recently! <3 (If it was sooner, I forgot!)

      Delete
  31. Love all the cards but I absolutely love the confetti stamp and sentiment. I have ideas on how to use this set. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your cards you made with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Melanie, your new "macramade" set is sooooooooo awesome!! (Love that name....hehehe!) It's like a blast from the past, but with an elegant natural feel. I always love seeing what an artist does with her own designs. Your cards are amazing. I esp love the Missing You in the ombre blues with "missing" tassels. Clever! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Marisela Delgado said: Beautiful cards! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful set and gorgeous cards. Thanks for sharing Jo Anna

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards, beautiful sets!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You did it again, Melanie! ❣️❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ahh...memories. I remember how I loved doing macrame (early 70s--I'm old!). This is such a unique set -- love it, and the sentiments are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards! I love the hands reaching up on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG your cards are gorgeous - so many wonderful designs and awesome inspiration - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ahhhhhhh-mazing release and card project(s)!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE…can’t wait to get my order!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the macrame set. The sentiments are "punny"! Your cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Never really go into macrame, but you make it look tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great cards, I love the sprinkle kindness one

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are so fun! Such a creative and different set. I love them - I used to do macrame but many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I used to Macrame years ago. this brings back memories! Love the little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are some amazing cards. I’m loving the almost hand painted look of the blue card ‘Made with Love’. I could reallly use a card like that when giving my hand made crochet gifts to people.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love that macrame set. It’s so unique! Gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the Let's Celebrate set!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such gorgeous cards! Amazing release.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  52. My teenager is so into macrame :-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Melanie, so many different creations and each beautiful in it's own right! It gave me so many thoughts of how to use the stamps! Too many pretty ones to even pick a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Fantastic cards! I especially adore the blue "miss you" card--so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Fabulous cards! I really love those macrame images. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. What fun cards! I remember doing macrame in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Simply gorgeous cards! A wonderful release!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the designs. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  59. What a great showcase of the release- and this isn't even all of it yet! I especially love the oval set sentiment over the tasseled cords- you are so right about how this draws attention to the end of one'a rope! And your hand-thrown confetti-- genius way to combine the two sets!

    ReplyDelete
  60. These cards are great. I used to do macrame with my mom as a child. We made lots of hangers for potted plants and purses.

    ReplyDelete
  61. That confetti wreath is so happy!

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete
  62. This set reminds me of times ago when we made macrame and needlepoint gifts galore. Thanks for the memories! These are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like what you created with these unique and fun sets.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)