Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Inspiration Hop, Day 3: Nature's Touch Kit

Welcome back to our last day or hops (for now!) Today we are featuring the Nature's Touch kit and what a fabulous one it is!  Hope these ideas inspire if you already purchased your and if you are waiting for the reorder to come in, click on this link and then hit the "notify me" button so you get a message as soon as its back!  Let us know you favorites along each stop of the hop today because we are giving away a $50 gift certificate to the store to one lucky commenter!   You should be coming from Lisa's blog!

I was so intrigued by this long bold stamp in the kit. It can be a cloud, sandbar, snow, water depending on the color you use, has a lot of applications.  I stamped this in GKD Tangerine Twist and masked a setting sun behind the trees (stamped and stamped on in Jet Black amalgam) with GKD Wild Dandelion and the tangerine ink using a Life Changing Blending Brush.  I used the Master Layouts die set for my mats. (again, click notify me in that link if you want these later!) Don't forget the heart!
The Hands of Love set included is so fun!  I used GKD Peach Bellini to make a square card base and the stencil for a subtle border with coral Reef. This really echoes the colored in heart (I used alcohol markers) that the hands are making. I used the I, love, and you words from my Macramade with Love set to stack the sentiment, I LOVE how the "love" fits perfectly inside! Isn't that cute?  Finish with a rainbow heart using Connect Glue. I can't even how adorable and effective these teeny TEENY embellishments are!


 One more with the hands! I used the greeting from the Baby Girl set and the kit's pretty stencil again.  Cardstock is Warm Glow. One of the rainbow clay hearts inside the kit's hands went so well with the little/fierce sentiment. I have really come to appreciate over the years how measuring my words and seasoning them with grace makes the strongest impact on others. <3 font="">


For this last card, I used the flower dies included in the kit and stamped them in Jet Black Amalgam ink and colored with alcohol markers. I used some of the new clear solid quarts sequins and without a hole in them like traditional sequins, they really like dew drops on the petals and leaves, allowing your gorgeous coloring to show through!  I also dotted the I in the greeting with one of the rainbow clay hearts. Base is GKD Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White.

I hope you enjoyed all these cards and ideas today! Have a few more for our Instagram hop, coming up!


Next on the hop is Mindy's blog!  Full list on Gina's blog.


Thanks for stopping by!  Sharing another video an my tip sheet for Macramade with Love next, plus Instagram hop with the design team coming up!







69 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I really love the partial stencil background behind your focal images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new to blog hopping so not sure I am entering correctly... beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these cards! When my granddaughter was in kindergarten she taught me to make a heart with my hands (she thought it was funny that she had to explain it to me!). I haven't seen her since the pandemic started, and I know she would love to get that second card. Guess I need to hit that "notify me" button. This is such a fantastic kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. I am excited for my kit to arrive and play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the thinking of you, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you colored in the LOVE in the middle of the hands. Your flowers are also so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all about the flowers, just can't get enough of them lately.
    Lovely cards, especially the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the trees with the sun on your first card! Simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!. Lover the tree scene, use of the stencil highlight on the border of the card. Thanks for the inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Thanks for showing how to use the long thin stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Thanks for all of showing us all of the possibilities for the long stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is always something stunning to view & mimic ideas. Thank you all so much for sharing you talent & creating wonderful products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really great kit! You showcase it well with your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the 2nd and 3rd generation stamping with the trees and that fabulous sun!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so want to do art like you when I decide to grow up. Love, love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, that tiny little heart is the most adorable thing!

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like these! I can't wait to get my kit - the first order I have placed in some time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so in love with your scene on the first card! I wouldn't have thought to make the "ground" another color. Just beautiful! Love your coloring on the last card. I forgot the technique of leaving the tips of the flowers white - something YOU taught me years ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like all the cards, but "ooohed" out loud when I saw the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards and inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. another set of beautiful cards - I always find your work so unique and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the hands with the heart! What gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Truly beautiful cards!! I need that kit!Thanks for all the awesome inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. the trees with sunset is beautiful! thank you for the inspiration. Always so fun to see what others create.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Melanie - I just love your work - love those trees! The hand cards are awesome and loving the flowers displayed on the card too - TFS have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards. What a great card kit...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Once again this card kit knocks it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so creative. I love the sunrise and how you colored in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the way you used just a part of the stencil on two of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful, creative cards. Love this kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your cards are gorgeous! I especially love the scene you created on the first card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. the fan stencil is so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this kit and absolutely love what you've done with it. Gorgeous cards! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The trees card is so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  38. Really stunning cards! One thing I love is your coloring and shading and the colors you used are just perfect!! TFS

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your cards, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your cards are truly amazing. I started following you on Instagram & FB. I looking forward to seeing more of you & your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops something happen, My name is Christine Hinds!

      Delete
  41. I love the ones with the hands. I needed ideas on how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Marisela Delgado said: so pretty! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your cards are lovely! My fav has to be the last...I love the dimension and the way you didn't completely fill in the flowers and leaves with color.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such pretty cards! I love these hops and all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your cards are so beautiful! Love these new stamps! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Simply gorgeous cards! A wonderful release!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for the inspiration from your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great cards! I love the scene you created in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I never get tired of the hands cards

    ReplyDelete
  52. Pretty cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Pure gorgeous-ness! Creativity inspiration abounds! Beautiful color palettes and project designs!! WOWza!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wish I could blend like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Really love this release! The scenery is beautiful and I liked that side partial stencil a lot! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great cards with this kit. My fave is the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)