Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Copic Atyou Spica Pens: Coloring BLISS!

Wanna add some real razzle-dazzle, sparkling color to your cards? Copic atyou Spicas are a must have! I had a clear Spica already, (which amazingly just puts down shimmer, no color. This pen is nice to layer over colors). When Gina K added this new 12 color pack to her site, I just had to try them out! I'm so glad I did!
I couldn't wait to use them on the mosaic vase from this month's free with Free with Three "Friendship Blooms" set. Just a dab to each little section gave such a vivid, sparkling color! Turn it back and forth in the light and it looks like like shimmery, colored glass!! The coloring went so quick, they're really juicy, just touch it to the paper, its like it drops a dab of ink and then quickly dries, I LOVE 'EM!! Be sure to enlarge the pic to see more detail, but trust me it even looks better IRL!*) I used my regular Copics on the flowers(still would have been pretty but I didn't want the flowers to look like part of the vase!).

I couldn't be more pleased with the results, they are even more sparkly than I imagined and the twelve shades offered in the pack are terrific! (all the colors of the rainbow PLUS a few more and metallics, I used 7 of them in the vase) The way each colors reflects the light also allow them to coordinate with even more shades of your CS, which is such a bonus. Color, sparkle, and FAST drying time all in ONE easy step make these a terrific value! Thumbs up! They aren't even in the same league with glitter gel pens you see at craft stores in case you're wondering, the quality of these are just top notch.

To finish up the card I cut it off-center in my Classic Rectangle Nestabilitie to make it look like it was sitting in a window sill(didn't have time to make a whole window today!) and thought it would be fun to create a mosaic strip for the middle with the self-adhesive rhinestones (these colors look sooo gorgeous with the Spica colors)! The many sparkling stones in different sizes remind me of all the little facets that make up a friendship, just like the greeting says. :)

*and really cool, it puts kind of a lacquer glaze on it to that you can feel when you rub your finger over it, like glass! :)

23 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Melanie!!! The mosaic vase is so perfect and a true piece of artwork!!! Glitter pens are a must have I totally agree with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful, and I think I may have to order a set of those soon, too (right after vacation) :D I just love the rhinestones added to your center strip. Coordinates very well with your gorgeous vase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this image is impressive! I love all the colors in the pretty vase - it looks incredibly lifelike! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, I love the vase and the bling! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Love all the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! these are awesome (stop making me spend $!) lol. it really looks like glass. I love all the rhinestones you put on the center layer (no one can say you're a hoarder)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I can see where I'm going to have to break down and get the clear spica first and then see about these. I don't have any Copic markers, but what you can do with them is outstanding!! Does some of your talent come with the markers?? lol
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on the fence about these but I think you just sold me. This is gorgeous Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOoh those sound awesome, your vase is gorgeous and I believe you it's nothing compared to IRL!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that! I love the info you shared about the pens, and the rhinestones are a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....such gorgeous coloring Melanie!! I love your beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love this! So colorful and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way this looks. I will need these pens soon! I have the clear but looks like I need more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! That is amazing Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a great look you've achieved! I love the Spicas!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my set too!

    Nice mosaic look you achieved for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is gorgeous!! This is the first project I've seen with these markers and you have sold me. They are on my wish list. Thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I keep forgetting I can enlarge your pics! Wow that vase is awesome! Also love the nestie edge! I've just discovered Sakura gelly roll pens, how are the spica pens different?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this vase. I got this stamp set last week and I just may have to order these pens for them. Thanks for the great card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I *love* your card. It came out gorgeous! I have a few of the Spica pens and they are great. After seeing your card I realized that I need to have all of the colors .

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melanie this is a beautiful card. I have 5 spica pens and I adore them too. I use them to hightlight all kinds of stamps but what you did is so cool. I can`t wait to try doing it myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this card must have taken awhile to color. Beautiful results though!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)