Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Divalicious!!

I made this little white tee about a week ago, it was sitting in a pile of shirts I'd made waiting to be turned into a card, so when I picked up this one today, I was inspired by my little stamped shades hanging from the collar and thought I should do something a little different! Although they don't look quite like her blinged out (Chanel!) sunglasses, I made this to send to Kim from My Favorite Things who was sweet enough to let me tag along with her design team gals half the weekend at CHA, I so appreciated that! (She's really got style!)

The lenses are SU! Basic Gray CS rubbed with the silver Metallic Rub On Paste, doesn't it look just like metallic paper now? And this way you can control how much shimmery it is and shade as well, I was really happy with the effect.
I added some adhesive rhinetones to the corners and then used my Silver Copic Spica for the stamped glasses lenses and drew in the the tiny bling there to match my larger card. "Diva" and the swirly star flourish, both from the "Little Tees" set are embossed in silver. I also added a little warm grey 20% Prismacolor to make it a little curvier, what do you think?

I actually was on top of things and made a pattern for you by tracing my peices after cutting them! I just free cut them out of a folded A@ size piece of CS, so this will fit in a regular size envy. You may want to try to cut your own to making them a little fatter or narrower to fit your personal sunglass style, here I was going for a shape similar to my stamp. TIP: To get them symmetrical, when you cut a piece off one side, let's say the bottom right corner, take the scrap, flip it and then lay it on the other side and cut around that for a mirror image Again I'm going to try to figure out how to attach it as a word document, if not, you might just find it in the Gina K SCS forum (I'll link it if I do), okay?
Please don't forget to email about Daisy's addy if you'd like to send her a RAK, the prize drawing is tomorrow, thanks!!

15 comments:

  1. Love it!! Great idea. I can't wait to try it, when my set gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This card is so neat! I love shaped card but I'm quite intimidated by them. If you do get that link up, I'm going to have to try them out. OH! Do the glasses fit on any of your hippy or hoppy animals? I can't wait to get my stamps to play with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE! I love all the things you've done with this set. Its just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you couldn't top your animals---I was wrong!! Love the T-shirt set and this card is over-the-top! Any young girl from 10 to 40 would love to receive it---hmm, make that 70! lol
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea. Ok, I am embarrassed to admit, that when I first saw the picture, I thought the sunglasses were a prop. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh only you could think of something so DIVA---INE!!!!!! :) So cool and creative!!! I totally LOVE the bling......of course!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Melanie.. you are the stamp DIVA!! This set is too cute.. What an adorable idea..

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea Melanie (you have so many!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah..........I've got a cooooool award for ya on my blog!!!!!!! You've got lots I'm sure..........but you are special to me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally AWESOME! I just love your creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous stamp set, Melanie! How do you do it? LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)