Monday, July 7, 2008

Fashionably FABULOUS in Under FIVE Minutes!


Here is a super easy, quick card that makes a bold statement! Here is a single layer white card(PT Stampers Select) that follow the rule of thirds, uses only a couple colors and just a touch of bling, minimalism at its best! So what do you think of this plush "corduroy bag"?? Can we say a little "ribbon piecing"??! Go ahead, click the pic!
First, let me say the lines and proportions in the images in Rupa's newest set "Retro Boutique" make lining them up an absolute dream! TIP: When you place these long "shelf" images on your gridline block, line up the shelf with one line of the grid.
And here is a pic also showing how you can trim out the greeting, but easily put it back in when you want them together, just so. :) See how the top of the sentiment then also lines up with the gridline below it, and the purses line up with the one above it?! (if it looks a bit off it's because of the angle I took the photo)
Stamp in Palette Noir ink on your card, (black and white always looks super chic!!) and then select the color of you choice to add your ribbon and spotlight just one purse(I chose the third bag over, not only because I like the shape, but also this worked best for my layout). This little bag just happened to be a perfect fit stamped onto the SU! 5/8" grosgrain (Rose), YES!!! (Pick an ink like craft, Stazon or a hybrid for a crisp image, as classic inks will bleed a lot when stamped on ribbon and fabrics) I used my Fiskar scissors I dedicate to ribbon only to cut it out(even thought they are super sharp since I don't use them on anything but ribbon, you still need to cut carefully to prevent fraying). I covered my stamped image on the card (minus the handle) with Mono Multi and then pressed my ribbon piece down on top of that. Doesn't the sheen and texture of that ribbon add such luxury as well to the realism of the purse? To finish it off, I colored in the handle with my SU! Regal Rose marker and added one little clear adhesive Stampendous rhinestone sticker for the clasp, then tied a piece of matching grosgrain around the card and knotted it.


How easy was that? I just love the results, and I was able to quickly move on to another project!! Want to see MORE quick cards here on this blog? let me know!! :)



Please don't forget to try to get something uploaded for my contest, which ends Tuesday night! And guess what? I'm offering an ADDITIONAL prize to one lucky person who enters, but you'll have to check back to find out what it is! Don't wait, just go stamp something!!! ;)

17 comments:

  1. Simply Stunning!! Such a brilliant idea, and the purse truly looks PERFECT on that ribbon!! You continue to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love this! Wow! That ribbon works fantastic for it! I'd love to see your quick cards more, heck even you quickies are awesome! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.... love the added touch of texture Melanie!!! Awesome details girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHUT UP! You're a goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quick card! Now I know what was wrong when I tried using an ink other than Fabrico on my ribbon! Would love to see more quick ideas--love your coloring but it would take me another 50 years to get that expert at it! lol
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!!! I'm going to go stamp something! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is soooo cute! My first thought was how does she keep the ribbon from fraying... and then you answered that. I do like the short, sweet and simple cards as well as the complex cards! A mix of both is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie.......toooo cuuuute!!! I love that little ribbon purse!!! And I'm sooooo glad my stamps aren't the only stained up ones!!! LOL Okay........I made one contest card.......now back to make another!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh - love it! Simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI

    Everytime I click on the Gina K Designs ensignia, an unfamiliar page pops up instead of her on-line store page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love simple cards! Yes, please do more of them. Most of the time I have only a few minutes to stamp and need some cute, chic but quick card ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job Melanie!!! I love that purse, it looks so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gurle gurl u have dun it agin man u r gud cep the ideas cuming i lice the short and the long cards so u pic it and i wil loc at it
    merri

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh oh!! This is way cute! Love the simple and fresh design! Perfectly darling! and I love that about this stamp too! So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So simple but so stunning. I love the corduroy purse and would love to see more simple cards. They are great for when you need a card in a rush. But don't stop the fancy cards - they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO so pretty. I'm bad and haven't been blurfing so I hadn't seen this till just now. Makes my creation today look like a mel copycat. giggle.

    You know what they say about great minds.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)