Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Dance! Hidden Shaker #2

I've been meaning to make a hidden shaker (with beads enclosed between my two white focal point mats) for this little Kindred Spirit image "Summer Fun", and I finally got around to it! (We are heading to a backyad barbecue this weekend and thought it would be fun to give our hostess (my DSIL)). Give it a little shake and the little "ch-ch-ch-ch" sound makes me think of running through garden sprinklers!
I colored my image with Koh i-Noor pencils and OMS, and outlined the spray with Stardust Stickles for shimmer. I decided to keep the card fresh and simple with a white on white scheme and just a touch of a green with my striped ribbon(think garden hose! ;). A few strategically placed page pebbles give the feel of stray water drops. The little "happy" is from Just So Hippy, the font that looks really sweet with these Kindred Kids. (and wouldn't the "kick up your heels!" from Jumping for Joy be CUTE with this , too? :)

Have a very safe and happy 4th!

PS I have a bit of NEWS to share later this weekend, please stop back by if you get a chance!

PPS I'm thinking I should extend my contest a few days(Monday or Tuesday), too, with the holdiay weekend, I'm afraid a Sunday deadline just won't give enough people time to participate, what do you think??

10 comments:

  1. Just adorable and love the page pebbles...really is the perfect touch! Thanks for thinking of extending the deadline...I think it would help some of us finish. I'm half way there and tomorrow is pretty much all about festivities is an extra day or two is great news!

    I wish you and yours a wonderful and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple colors on this card. It keeps the focus on the image, and it sure looks great with the "happy" sentiment. Please extend the deadline for the contest! I need another day or two as this weekend is already wearing me out and it hasn't even begun! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea!!! The few extra days would be appreciated.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. I love the hidden shaker idea. An extra few days would be great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Too cute! Love those page pebbles on there, really adds to it.
    I agree with you about extending deadline, lots out and about, so would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how adorable, Melanie! Too cute! Have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please extend it. My DH is home and likes to do family things on the weekends(imagine that! LOL). I do most of my stamping on weekdays while he works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute!! I would say extend it. A lot of people are not home and don't have the time to stamp. Have a happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES, extend the deadline for people like me who so want to participate, but have been so busy with cooking and cleaning for the 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that hidden shaker is soooo perfect for sprinklers!!! And those little darlings look so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)