Friday, July 11, 2008

Kwik Koala Klip!*

It's funny how something "forgotten" can pop back into memory, (not once after I drew the koalas did I think of this until the stamps arrived at my house, which brought it back) but when I was was probably 6 or 7, I bought a little bottle of "designer" perfume called "Wild Musk" that had a little furry koala hugging the cap, you could squeeze it to clip or unclip it's grip. I have no clue what the perfume smelled like(probably vile) but I remember loving that little koala.** I decided to make a fun decorated clip for papers, a pencil topper or fridge magnet with the Cuddles and Hugs stamps and just a little binder clip, pop up glue dot to attach your koalas and a magnet for the back if you wish. (I originally planned to trim out the baby so it would look just like the clip from my youth like it's gripping the memo or whatever, but I couldn't bear to part them!) A few tied ribbons on both loops of the clips give it a pretty leafy, look.
I put a smaller piece of cardboard on the back to fortify the CS, but in hindsight I wish I had just glued it to a white piece of cardboard from the back of one of my mat packs and then cut it out. If you want to make it double sided so it can be clipped "right or left" , use a reversing stamp for your image(I used my bold label form What's in Your Tin? 1) to make the back side. The boys are loving it and I am too! We've been having fun clipping these little guys all over the house: the fridge...
the phone antennae(which has helped out several times the last few days in locating the phone since I am SO BAD about returning the handset to the base!!***),

our hand towels...
ends of pens, cabinet handles, etc! Hope you enjoyed this project, now don't forget to vote if you haven't already! You could win a free set of stamps or OMS and stumps!!

* Say THAT five times fast!

** I think I most often had it clipped it to my magenta "Members Only" windbreaker or my purple nylon unicorn purse... how OLD am I???

***BTW, I didn't get 21 calls yesterday, I just never get around to erasing them!

12 comments:

  1. Awww........what a cute idea!!! It's the perfect touch for a little notecard set!!!! I don't remember a Koala, but I do remember some little critters attached to perfume bottles when I was little............did Avon do stuff like that??? Toooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's the first thing I thought, "Melanie has 21 messages? Wow!" LOL! I love that idea of making them a clip. OH! Or I could make a bunch of your animals into clips and use those clips as little puppets! Ok, got the ideas flowing now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with the "*"s? **

    I like the idea of the Koala Clip though.

    From Clarisa

    **its stupid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahhh what a cute project! I know Olivia (8) would love this! We're both excited about he arrival of the new set & can't wait to start creating with it.
    The clips would make great Teacher's gifts too! oohhh the possiblities...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and creative idea. This would be great Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome idea!! I think my boys would get a kick out of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melanie!! That's super koalarific =) Never wouldda thought to do something like that. The image is super cute. Thanks for all the great tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the Koala and a Jordash(spelling?) turquoise purse ;) heeeheee.....the unicorn was on the poster in my purple room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, you just gave me some awesome flashbacks!! I loved those things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. totallly cute - I just love that stamped image and this is adorable! I remember something like that too....I don't remember who though! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Melanie!! That is just too cute...and handy too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea - love your Koala Clip! I had to chuckle when I saw how many messages you had on your answering machine! I just had 22 the other day and realized that it was way past time to erase them... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)