Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Flowers for Daisy

Here's a little flower garden I made with "Flowers for Daisy" and a piece of 12x12 DCWV CS, cut at 5.5" and scored at 4", 8", and 10". I used a sheet of gorgeous striped paper from the Basic Grey "Two Scoops" pack, I love using vertical stripes topped with stamped flowers like a row of stems. The flowers were stamped in Basic Brown, masked, colored with Copics and cut(after I stamped them and then realized with my design plan I was going to have to cut around each petal I thought I'd lost my mind*, but it really didn't take that long, don't be scared!! LOL). "You're in my prayers" peeps out from the flowers...
and when fully opened, you also have a bible verse from the set and another place to write your message. Edited to Add: Nancy P asked if the verse is on the back of the card, YES. I decided to put a white layer on the back because I liked the look of pressing the whole thing flat like a piece of stationary. and seeing the alternating white and DP mats. :) (You can also flip it over and write a novel on the green inside if you wish LOL!)
The flowers mounted on the edge of the front fold hide the white space when closed.
Thanks so much to everyone who has already emailed for Daisy's addy! (Keep it up!) The winner of the new sneak peek 6x6 designer paper pad is Suzanne Dean. (I might have to take some pics of this purty, puuuurty paper before I pop it in the mail so the rest of you can see, as I said, Gina Kwill be carrying it! :) Congrats, Suzanne please send me your addy!

*for a split second I considered just sending it to Barb along with a return SASE and begging her to send back to me, cut like she only she can!! ;) (I didn't, wouldnt' have, now THAT would have been lazy!)

15 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    This is truly a beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration. My set should be here today or tomorrow, and I already have the BG paper. My Aunt was operated on last Monday for breast cancer. She would really appreciate a "thinking of you" card. Thanks again,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I LOVE all the different folds you use/create. On this card, is the bible verse on the back of the card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This is just perfect for this folded card. You are just so creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I LOVE this card! I have to make one now!!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I also like your new pic on your blog and the slide show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I think the receiver will treasure it!

    p.s. I like your new photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo.......love that fold!!! Almost like a personal, little window box!!! It's just lovely!!!

    Congrats to the winner.....Basic Grey is the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my,such a beauty!!! Love the daisies and the fold and the colors! Heck I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I love how you used the daisy's. What a clever idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, this is such a beautiful card. It does look like a lot of cutting, but the beauty of the card is well worth it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)