Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Guest Designer-Week 1: Cathy Tidwell

Today I'm sharing the first project Cathy sent me as my Guest Designer for "Little Tees" this month. I was at CHA when the email came through and I had to call everyone over to see the screen, I was doing a happy dance over how many things she added (both from the set and a few things she free-handed) to make it her own! (well, not her own shirt, she's definitely not pregnant, but a shirt she made LOL!!) Her baby "bump" shading is right on the money and "to die for" cute!!! I love the little button baby brads she added at the neck.
While writing this post I also noticed a few details I'd never seen before, I as so busy enjoying the first details that popped out at me I guess!! (So you really must click the pic to see everything) :) When I first saw this card, the cool white stripes she drew to accent the bottom and sleeves leaped out at me, but I missed the little "XL" at the bottom, hee hee! She also has score lines on two opposite corners, looks sooo good with the brad in the middle and the piercing in the other corners frames it all up and accents the diagonal of that stinking cute "baby on board" sign she made!! I love it!!

Cathy is such an inspiration, I've really enjoyed getting to know more about her through our emails getting ready for her designer spot posts. You simply must check out her blog and SCS gallery, she puts so much time and thought and detail into each of her creations. What makes them even more amazing: would you believe she's only recently started making cards?? (this year?! and already gotten published? hip hip hurray!) and would you believe she is almost legally blind?? I'm serious, she almost lost her eyesight from a tumor and has no peripheral vision, only what she can see in front of her(which is necessary for cardmaking!) what a blessing she is able to see and do this work she loves and share her talent and creativity with all of us!! I'm so excited about the art she is making!

Cathy has another card for you today on her blog, let's go see! :)

15 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card! Thanks for pointing out those details! They are so easy to miss on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Cat's card - she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! this card is so stinkin' cute and the one on her blog - even BETTER! I knew she'd do you proud-I'm SO glad I voted for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just to adorable. This is a must have set. Cathy's blog is awesome. Very creative and talented stamper. I can't believe she just started making cards. She is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card!! This is wonderful. I'm off to check out Cathy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! Her "baby bump" lines are indeed right on the money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing what a few extra touches can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that is the cutest tee ever!! I am soo dying to get my hands on this set.. The wait just might kill me.. Maybe I should have a Drama Queen tee..

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is too, tooooooo cute!!!! I agree, those are amazing and fun little details!!! And I love her blog!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card!! I just ordered this set and cannot wait to get playing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I have always loved Cat's cards. She really does put a lot of detail into each one. I am so glad she tried out to be your guest designer. Thanks for sharing her art with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, it's a great card! I love the one on her blog too. She makes WONDERFUL cards, lots of detail.
    For a long time I tried to get her into rubber stamping but never could get her interested. And now look at her! She puts my cards to shame, lol! She's always been the crafty one in the family.
    (((((hugs to my sis)))))

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)