Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Guest Designer: Week 4

The best way to say "I love you" is always with FLOWERS and CHOCOLATE!!! (IMHO)

I love how Jessie brought this paper to life with her layered olive flowers (Petaloo) and brown brads, don't they just burst off the card?? Layering the two colors of scalloped mats in olive and brown too made for a great match. I really like this sketch, too, having the four quadrants of DP instead of just one background piece adds interest and really draw you into the image.



So about those brown brads?? You may have noticed I've started using big white brads now also (so I can be like Jessie), and then yesterday she had to go and email me this card with big BROWN brads! SO of course I need them! ( NOW!!!) Luckily, I remembered one of the reasons I convinced myself to go ahead and invest in Copics in some strategically selected colors: to custom color match my white embellishments! Yup, I found a little pack of white brads* at Hobby Lobby *sorry I don't know the brand I had to rip the sticker off to get the container open but I can see from the back of the box I got 50 of them for $2.47 last week I'm happy with, so I will be doing my best to fake it until I score some more! Brads are especially easy to alter because you can hold onto the prongs while you color. So far I've found some colors have a tendency to look streakier than others, and some look better with a couple coats to get it even, whereas others seem ot look better with just one coat. (I'll come back with my findings and some pics, kay?) Be sure to check to make sure it's dry before you put it on your card. Pull out the embossing gun to speed things up if your embellishment is particularly slick and not drying as fast as you would like.



She also used the SU! Chocolate Tafetta ribbon, and DCVW Retro Stack DP, and half of one of my favorite greetings from this set (wild thing) "I think i love you". Thanks Jessie, you've done a fabulous job as my guest designer, now please go enjoy her last"official" guest spot before she turns over "the crown" to Cathy Tidwell next week!! ( but I'm hoping and praying it's not the last "Cuddles and Hugs" card you'll see from Jessie! ;)



*sorry, I don't know the brand, I had to rip the sticker off to get the container open but I can see from the back of the box I got 50 of them for $2.47 , the tops are slightly wider than 1/4"...

4 comments:

  1. Oh yummmm!!!!! Chocolatey goodness indeed!!! Those big brown brads are awesome........I was just looking at my white ones wondering how well they'd take color!!!! LOL I got mine at HL too........the Making Memory brand........I LOVE when embellies are on sale!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome!!! I have to have some of those big brads...they are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another adorable card from Jessie! Love all the flowers and embellies - such a beautiful compliment to your adorable Koalas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how yummy this card is, Jessie ROCKED this one!! I love those sweet little koalas, and have really enjoyed playing with mine! Fabulous card and love all the tips! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)