Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sneak Peek: Little Tees!*

I'm a T-shirt girl.** Don't get me wrong, I love to dress up when I have an opportunity, but I like to be comfortable as well as express myself with a shirt with attitude! I can't tell you how many times I've been inspired to draw something based on a shirt I see when I'm out running errands or the way some funny thing on someone else's shirt can lift my spirits. (Or putting on just the right one can make me feel super sassy!) Vintage, funky, silly, serious, solid, pretty, concert, school, faded (some I've had for over 20 years and will never part with!), I've got some of everything, and they're all "ME" LOL! It's fun to put something on that reflects your mood for the day, and I think it's time to go wild with some stamps that can do the same, don't you??
I came up with the idea for "Little Tees" before my first stamps came out, it has been the hardest one to wait for, but it's finally here(you can order this tonight at 10 PM CST and see the whole set during the release party(plus more samples with it)! I think my "Tip Sheet" for this set is up to 3 PAGES now, there is no end to the number of techniques you can apply and combinations you can create with these 3 tees, and 34 images and greetings. I've tried to give you all the basics and more (that I could get on one sheet!), but also think of these shirts like blank canvasses that allow you to express your individuality, (just like our shirts do!) using any other favorite stamp images or greetings from your collection! Go to town decorating them with all your glitters, bling, puff paint, gel pens and Spicas, rub ons, EPs, it's like a having your own personal tee shirt shop! After I got my set trimmed I'd stamped out and decorated about 10 shirts in no time, it's SO fast and fun! (and a little addictive) AND, you'll see they don't always have to be T-shirts! ;) (You can also skip the shirt when you want and just use the images and greetings alone, of course) Expect to see a different one popping up on my blog daily LOL!

I chose to share this sample with you first because I LOVE how the sleeves of this one ringer tee can be linked with another when you cut them out! They are popped up on dimensionals with the hanger stamped behind them. (I liked my hatpin trick and colors so much on the card I made for Rupa's set last month I had to CASE myself a bit for this one!) If the black looks gray on the "MISS U" shirt (aren't these varsity letters GREAT??), it's the light reflecting off the Sakura glaze I added with my pen on everything, makes them looks like real iron-ons hee!! Every thing you see on this card comes from this set. (how many different images do YOU think I used?) ;) I made this card before CHA, but now that I'm back it's definitely making me think of all my new/old buddies I spend time with, just being ourselves...we'll be friends forever :)


Hope you're as excited about this set as I am, now I'm off to check out all the other sneak peeks made with this set (a few I've seen, most I haven't!) one of which from my guest deisnger this month Cathy Tidwell and an additional guest Jody Morrow, wait til you see! A complete list of the links is on Gina K's blog where she is also giving away this set to one person who leaves a comment, be sure to throw your name in the hat! See you tonight at the the par-tay! (hmm, what shaell I wear??) ;)

* Naming the set, I had several ideas floating around, but in the end, "Little Tees" (get it, "tease"??!) won me over!! It's sassy, no?


**When I was little about the coolest thing I could do was going to the mall and getting a t-shirt made with my name on it in fuzzy letters and a glittery butterfly or the like! Do you have a favorite T-shirt (now, or a memory of one you wanted to wear just about every day growing up?) Please tell me about it here!

PS Did you know that sneaky Joanne Basile leaked a sample with the set Tuesday in the SCS gallery?! Almost 400 people have viewed it now, were you one of them??? LOL!

32 comments:

  1. What a great new set, Mel -- love it and all the possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative having the tee's arms intertwined! The hangers and hanger rod are awesome...love love this set, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this new set Melanie...miss being on the design team and getting the sneak peeks!! I said to Gina that you and Rupa have switched...what is the world coming to?!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these Tees are such a TEASE!!!!! LOL Seriously Melanie....you creative genius!!! How'd you know this is the only way I'll ever get to play at being a Fashion Designer!!! LOL So many tees, so many possibiliTEES!!!!!!!! Hugs!!!! See you at the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "litttle tee's are awesome.I must have one of those.In fact we could tell our lfe's story based on a sequel of little tee's, couldn' t we? too bad they are going to be hard to find here in Sao Paul, Brazil!!!
    But they are really so so ver COOL!
    Claudia from Sao Paulo, Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too Cute Melanie! I love how versatile your sets are, they always work in so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AACK! You did it again...each month coming out with something even BETTER than the last! I LOVE it!!! and yes, I was one of those viewers on SCS yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I love this Mel! Love that pink and black together and the idea behind the card, just awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved tees! In high school I wore my HS mascot shirt all the time. In college I wore my school shirt. Now I love basic tees in solid colors to wear under everything - jackets, tanks, sweaters, etc. I love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I totally adore this set, it is such FUN to work with. Sorry I gave you a heart attack with the early TEASE with the TEES!

    Can't wait to create some more later today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tee's Melanie! When I was a pre-teen the big craze was t'shirt booths that you could pick your own T & design that was put on with a press while you waited! But my friends & I loved the girly T's with the tiny sleeves & really low cut scoop neck we called them oh-la-la tops! Haven't thought about that in years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mel! I've been MIA for a while. Life has been crazy this summer but I have been checking in! I'm diggin' the new set! I just had to comment on the tee shirts of the past.....My all time favorite was my hot pink NANO NANO tee shirt. I was in kindergarten and everyone always asked me....."Hey, Mindy....Where's Mork?"

    Thanks for the memories!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can hardle wat to c this hole set it locs gr8 thanxs for the sneak peek
    merri

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fabulous Mel - looks like another home run set for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Melanie, you did it again!!♥ You never cease to amaze me, and I love that your sets are so different!! (But I can think right away of a baby card with a tee and one of your tiny critters on it! LOL!)
    This set is so girly and so fun, it goes on my whish-list right away!! (might have to wait for christmas but I'll get it).
    It is absolutely perfect for the picky teenagers...and so versatile...
    I really enjoyed looking at all the samples from the designers, and seeing dresses and such!! :-D

    As for favorite tees...I am a tee-shirt girl just like you, it's my everyday outfit... I am a big Snoopy fan so quite often when I see a tee-shirt with Snoopy on it it comes home with me!.. :-) (I actually have a Snoopy stamp that might fit on one of your tees! Heeee!)...
    Last year I bought a tee on sale for like $3, I couldn't resist, it is red with a blue care bear looking cross and it says "grumpy for life" I call it my Monday tee and I like to wear it when I am in a bad mood! LOL!
    When my Mom saw it she asked if it was a gift from my hubby! ;-)....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card and the stamps look great. I can hardly wait to see the rest of the stamps in this set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mel, your set is so fun! LOVE IT! It will be a fave for quite a while! You rocked it again girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this set already! I can hardly wait 'til tonight! Growing up, I don't remember any one particular t-shirt that was my favorite, but I do remember collecting enough box tops/labels to be able to get the shirts that were on the cereal boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fantastic! Great concept for a stamp set. I can't wait to see the whole set.

    One tee shirt I remember fondly was a blue one that I got when I was 11 or 12 that said, "May the force be with you." It was right after the first Star Wars movie, which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this!!! I DID see Joanne's card but had NO CLUE it was your set!!! EEEKKK!! I love it!! I am a total T-shirt girl too, and my current favorite says "I'm Really Excited To Be Here"-cracks me up when I see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally LOVE this set - can't wait to play with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I come from a long line of tshirt lovers so I know this is a must-have set for me. I've got old concert tshirts, tshirts from when I was a little girl...so many awesome memories!

    Your sample is fantastic! I can't wait to see this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh...this looks like a totally awesome set, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, aren't you the rave right now?!
    I'll just join in on everyone else's comments and say that this the the cutest idea ever! I hope I can own these stamps sometime this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is SUCH a good idea. I love what I've seen, and they're so versatile. I haven't seen anything like them on the market and I know this set is going to be a BIG hit! I'm ready to place my order TONIGHT!!

    Thanks for dreaming this idea up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this new set and I love my tee's!! Can't wait to order this one tonight--another great one, Melanie! My favorite tee is a giant Eyeore t-shirt that I use as a niteshirt. Hey I'm into comfort, not looking like a VS girl, ya know--lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite t-shirt (Plain white-Hanes type) belonged to my late husband. I have saved it for over 35 years now--he died of cancer when he was 25. I don't often "wear" it, but it just an awesome reminder of the love we shared.

    Love your new set--looks so fun to play with. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  28. I still have my happy face tee shirt I got at Disney World in spring of 1972 when Disney World in Fla, was only about 2 years old and only had 2 hotels. Our first trip ever. It's in my bottom drawer as it doesn't fit 30 plus years later, but I still have it...

    ReplyDelete
  29. I remember two especially fav tees. One was my softball T. I was #10 and my best friend was#9 and we just loved it! Another had a Peter Max (how old am I!) design on it. I thought I was the COOLEST when I wore that shirt-very hip! I wish I still had it. How crazy is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I had to have a "choose life" shirt like the guys in Wham! wore in the Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go video. I had absolutely no idea at the time what that shirt even meant!

    I've already told you a couple times but I'll say it again - I *love* this set!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)