Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sneak Peek: Whatever Floats Your Boat!


"When there's a will, there's a way!"
When I saw Rupa's adorable new skateboarding turtle, I had to get him moving right away! I decided I'd start with this pull card. The Pumpkin Pie CS is scored in half opening on the left, with a nestie oval (a nice, "turtley" shape) cut out the front to frame my image, and attached with Scor-Pal tape on the sides to make a pocket.
The pumpkin layer was looking a little flat so I stamped the "Hang in There!' all across in Versamark and added some dashed lines, also going horizontal to go with the motion (and it made me think of dashed line on a road) The image is colored with Koh-i-noor and OMS, and Sakura glaze pen gives shine and dimension to the shell and wheels(and toenails!) I also used my Clear Spica on the skateboard to make it glittery. (The little "whoosh" I added is from my "Jumping for Joy" set) The shadow is my warm gray 20% Prismaoclor marker.
When you pull it out, " Anything is possible" is revealed on a layer of Garden Green CS I ran through the Cuttlebug with my Tiny Mesh folder after stamping. I just LOVE this green textured oval to finish the project, again, very turtley! The big silver eyelet and notched half circle for the pull is fun with the skateboard wheels, I love how nicely that punch frames up the end of the board as you pull it out...

I hope you liked this card, you will enjoy the other determined animals in the "Whatever Floats Your Boat"* set! It will be available for purchase on Thursday night at 10PM CST, please come check it out and our other fabulous new sets during our release party, 7-9 in the Gina K Forum!



*Did I say "boat"? no boat on this card... hmmm, that might be a clue :)

32 comments:

  1. How adorable Melanie! Great colring too! Can't wait for your set preview tomorrow! I have lots to show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness that is so cute! love the green paper that mimics the turtle shells...how cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a cute card, Melanie! I love that vibrant little shell! what a fun interactive piece--so creative! Super adorable sneak peek! I love this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Love the colours and LOVE that turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally adorable Melanie, I love the whole pull out part and the stamped sentiment inside is darling!! What a cute card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a "turtle" delight!!!! I mean total delight!!!! LOL Well, both!! So cute to make a pull card....and I can't wait for more sneak peeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO adorable Melanie! I love the green embossed layer...perfect! Can't wait to see your new set tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo awesome! you have such NEAT ideas! Love that pull out revealing the sentiment with the CB background, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a good one. the saying goes with it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! My turtle loving, skate boarding son will want the set as soon as I show it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the uniqueness of this card! The pull out revealing the inside sentiment is awesome! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowzers, you really did it this time. such a cute card. but the pull out as the finishing touch had me in stiches.. thansk so much for sharing with all of us.. MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute this is. You card is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's so cute! I love the layout of this card. I will definitely be saving this in my inspiration file.

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! I can't wait to see the rest of this fun set! Kheila

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO super adorable! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific card! Love the cuttlebugged layer, too cute!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool pull card, love it. I never made one of those, I'll have to remedy to that!... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice. You always seem to have the perfect cuttlebug folder for every image. Are they working with you or are you working with them to match things up? ;-)

    Hope you are not affected by whatever is pouncing on Texas right now. I am bad with Geography, so please excuse if you are not anywhere near the effected areas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is way too cute!!! Love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great card. I love the cuttlebugged background when you move the front image. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card, the turtle is so cute, I love the green oval and great idea to make it a pull card. Very creative. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fantastic!! What an adorable little turtle!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome pull card idea, Melanie. I noticed the way he was framed by the cut out little oval on the end right away, too. GREAT texture on the green cs to match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Melanie - this is beyond adorable and love how you made it into an interactive card - you make such fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is fantastic Melanie!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Turtles are my very favorite! Can't wait to see what else is coming. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. STOP IT! I'm a SU demo and you guys keep making me LOVE all the Gina K sets... LOL! Awesome card and that turtle is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just darling, Melanie! I love pull-outs, and the turtle is as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so very cute... Makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)