Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sweet Birthday Hugs

When someone is celebrating a birthday far away, let them know you're partying right along with them in spirit with this snuggly, festive card. :) This little party hat on the Hugs is from Hip Hop Accessories.
Doh!!! I just realized forgot to add my closeup pic, BUT hopefully you can see the fuzzy wuzzy texture on the koalas??(click the pic for a better look) It's not fun flock or a coloring technique, instead just peel apart your CS by inserting your fingernail into the corner and it will separate into two plies with the inside having this furry nap! Stamp your image on the inner layer and you are good to go, no flock required. I added a little white Koh-i-noor pencil to the ears and bellies. :) The hats were stamped on white CS and then colored with my mathcing pink SU! marker.

I wanted to continue the polka dotted theme from my hat with the SU! Designer Prints paper and a round card and tag. To create the scalloped circle shape, cut and score 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of CS and score in half to make a square 4 1/4" card. Place your largest scalloped circle Nestie die on your folded card, just overlapping the score in the middle and cut. I ran mine through, and then back and forth two more times to make sure it cut through both layers. I added some white dots with my gel pen to the scallops. The "hugs" tag was made with a tiny Cuttlebug die hung on a safety pin, ribbon is SU! Basic Gray taffeta.
As you can see the scallops just barely touch on the score, but it is still so sturdy and fits into an A2 card. I added a white embossed CS circle on the inside the same size as my pink DP mat on the front, and stamped "sending birthday hugs and smiles from across the miles" .
Please don't forget to upload your entries for my challenge by tonight(Tuesday) 10 PM CST!! can't wait to pick my winners!! :)

17 comments:

  1. you yanks think koalas are such a novelty, as an aussie, yeah their cute but what's all the fuss about? I mean they are always asleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity never fails to amaze me. Pulling apart the paper for a fuzzy koala! I'm blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card--I love using stamps from different sets together too. Love the cs idea--I've never tried it, hmmm...project idea for today maybe-lol! My card for your challenge is up on my blog today--thanks for the nice comments on SCS--I appreciate it!
    Suzanne
    www.scrapbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too adorable Melanie! I just love the use of the CS core for added texture... cool tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cute. faux suede, love that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute, love the idea with the paper, the koala''s look too cute and I love the tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable faux suede. and Ahhh, I didn't realize I had until tonight to join in on your challenge. I got home late Sunday night from a weekend away and I have all of my papers laid out still hoping to be able to stamp up a storm when I got home . . . so tired that I figured I wouldn't get anything accomplished by midnight Sunday night. Woohoo, hope I get a chance to play today to join in. :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too adorable, I just love it!! I got my new stamps in the mail yesterday and WILL be playing today - they are darling and the koalas are my fave!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute!! I love that color combo and of course that cuddly pair is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Melanie!!! Love the furry little creatures,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cuteness!! Those lil fuzzy Koalas are too, too precious!!!! Oh I've been meaning to try a Nesties shaped card......they're so cool looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! You are tops with creativity! Love the fuzzy look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I love the fuzzies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, what a darlin' card - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)