Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tee in a Tin

How fun would it be to present a little necklace while showing the recipient how gorgeous it will look when she's wearing it? Dress up your tee with a real piece of bling she can wear any time!

The jewelry card and tin label were made with my "What's in Your Tin? 1" set. Sentiment stamps are also from the "Little Tees" set, I snipped the "have a nice day" apart so I could fill in "super" "birthday" and stack them to fit in 1 1/4" circle punch. After adhering your shirt to the card(slightly offset here to make room for "birthday" but you can also fit it by angling it, make a slit just above each shoulder and thread your necklace though. I found this little charm and ball chain at Hobby Lobby, I chose this little painter's palette it to remind my friend what a fabulous artist she is. :)

Is this paper not the most gorgeous thing ever?! I used a floral page of Basic Grey "Sultry" for my shirt and top and bottom of my tin, and a pink distressed page from the same pack for the mat on the necklace card.

If you like the proportions of this card and the idea of tucking some little cards away in a tin, you might consider joining the swap Joanne is coordinating in the Gina K SCS forum, details here! Groups have filled up fast, but if there's enough interest (and you beg!)I'm sure Joanne can work something out (if not now then another round later maybe)! ;)

If you missed yesterday's post, please scroll down to read about my RAK request for Daisy! :)

11 comments:

  1. What a creative idea. I just love this set, cuz there are so many possibilities. I just love your tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I was wondering when you would combine those 2 sets! ;-) Heehee
    That paper is really great for "paper fashion"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Melanie!! I love it!! I can't wait until I get this set....My girls are gonna LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with the tin and the Tee set. What a great way to present a necklace as a gift.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea! Love the tees!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Great idea for gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! And the outside of your tin is SUPER cute!!!

    I have another idea for you... You know how you made that one card w/ all those different purses on the shelves and it looked like you were window shopping? Perhaps you could do the same w/ the t-shirts?

    Just a thought!
    Have a great day and keep those awesome ideas coming!!!

    I always love checking my email and seeing your latest post for me to discover what you've created that day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous Melanie - what a fabulous idea!! I am impatiently waiting for my set - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in the swap!!! Yaay!!!! And what a cute idea......oh I know your head is chock full of all the possibiliTEES of your stamps!!! This tin with the shirt and necklace is just adorable and something I'll have to CASE for my little niece!!!! Thanks Mel!! You're the BEST!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute! I love your floral tee!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)