Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tu-Tu CUTE!

I love that Rupa gave us a long dress to work with in "Retro Boutique"! With a black pen and some scissors, you easily can alter it a million different ways, here I made a quick little tutu for a birthday ballerina across the street. :)

Stamp your dress and free hand in a little scalloped or straight edge with your pen. Color, cut and paste, that's it!
I used my Koh i Noor and Odorless Mineral Spirits to color, Stardust pen for accents and the hanger, and Prismacolor Warm Gray 20% marker to shadow.) I finished the card with the swiss Dotted CB folder, SU! pink tafetta and white brads I got at Hobby Lobby. The greeting is from the same set.

I have another fun cut with this image coming soon, it has been sitting on my desk for TWO weeks, I just can't decide on the right sketch for the card LOL!! A 3D project coming soon, too, with Asela's set, and Jessie's guest spot tomorrow!!

Back to stamping now for the next release, TTYL!!!!! (I finished 5 more cards!!)
(BTW, wouldn't that look pretty, too, to have used the whole dress above before I cut it(if I'd stamped the whole thing, that is!), with that little pink top layer?? :)

(haha, I just said "pretty, too, to"! get it, tutu?! I crack myself up!) ;)

14 comments:

  1. Oh that is TUUU-TUUU CUUUTE-CUUUTE!!! LOL Seriously, what an adorably precious idea for this little dress!!!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tu-tu adorable!!! LOL I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word . . . adorable! Would be a cute card for any little girly girl. *sniffle* I don't have a little girly girl, but I do know some from my church that would LOVE it! :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I didn't even think about making a little tutu. It will be a perfect idea for my daughter's ballet photos.

    Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u r a genius! love it love it love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tutu cute Melanie - I love this adorable little card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, yes, this is tu-tu CUTE CUTE! What an adorable idea, Melanie! I'm taking notes on your awesome coloring too--you are so good, girl! Love the swiss dottted bg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I love to shadow with my Prismacolor markers, too, except I use Stone Cold for my shadowing. I will have to see if I have the one you use and see what the difference is. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky ballerina; she'll love it! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute - my niece would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute tutu card! I love it when you think out of the box! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's freakin' adorable!!! Can't wait to see your new release...I think you're up to 11 cards now - talk about teasing!

    I finally finished putting together the gift bag that's been in my head since I saw your adorable Zebra from Jumping for Joy and was totally yazzed to find some adorable zebra themed onsies to go with it. Thanks for inspiration - HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)