Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You're Outstanding!

Have you ever seen just TWO flamingos LOL?! They're always in groups of about 100 in any zoo or photo I've seen so I thought it would be fun to do a little masking* and spotlighting to make just one special pair stand out from the crowd(they are also popped up on dimensionals).
At first I was going to make just a single layer card and leave the other birds black and white, but that looked funny, so I added some layers and made the rest of the birds a paler pink. The puddle is from "Just So Hoppy"...

Short post today as I am super busy getting ready for CHA AND my new rubber for our next release came yesterday!! Yippee!!! Do you wanna see it early???
















HEE hee, made you look! That's what's left from ALL the sets! (This was my first release to get to use my Tim Holtz scissors on several sets at once, last month the scissors came after I got my sets so I'd just practiced with them on scrap rubber. I have to tell you, after trimming a few sets, I had to stop for a moment and ponder what "might have been" if I'd gotten these a few years ago(while staring at my poor, ugly right hand!!) oh well, onward and upward, I have them NOW and they are FABULOUS! :)

BTW Have you heard the Gina K Designs release will be on the 24th this month ?(next Thursday) I am so freaking excited to reveal my new set!!! Sneak peeks start next Tuesday! (I made 9 cards last night!! But none I can show yet, :( So, I have no CLUE what I'll share tomorrow since I'm so busy playing with the new top secret stuff, but I'll come up with something for you!) and be sure to come back this Thursday for my last week with Jessica as my Guest Designer!!!


*If you've never masked, just stamp your image on scratch paper and cut out. Then cover each of your stamped images and then stamp another one overlapping and remove the mask. Be sure to save this mask for other projects!

15 comments:

  1. Good to see you're tending your flock Melanie!!! Super cute! Love that you coloured your focal images a little darker! Super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!!! Your flamingos are perfect!! The pinks are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the others are a lighter shade. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love the flamingo card! Of course, it makes me think of that place at 360 and Bee Caves. :-) But your flock is cuter!

    P.S. Yes, of course we want to see the stuff early ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. NINE cards?!? Wow, you must really love your new stamps! I can't wait to see them. Oh, why or why does CHA have to hinder the release? Darn CHA! LOL, of course I wouldn't be saying that if I got to go too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! NINE cards!! I was jumping up and down because I made TWO in one day! LOL This card is fantastic!! I am so excited to see what your new set is going to be. You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything you come up with is so stinken' cute. Love you gathering of the flamingos. Thank for all the inspriation and lightening of my wallet.... MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you hear me lol'ing when I looked at the new rubber? That was hilarious! Can't wait for the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie, this is just gorgeous!! I love the large group of flamingos, and how the main couple is colored brighter!! VERY cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh definitely been thinking along these lines of making a "special" couple that stands out!!! Amazingly adorable!! And you are soooooooooooooooooooo bad.................YESSSSSSS, you made me look!!! LOL And what did I see???? A sad pile of rubbah scraps!!!!!!!! LOL Leaving me to attempt to interpret cut out shapes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great card!! now don't forget to save those rubber scraps for shaker cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right - there's always a bunch of flamingos together! Great card!

    Love your photo of cut rubber! How funny is that?

    See you on Friday! *eek!* I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a GREAT idea!!! Your stuff is so awesome...I wish when I grow up I could be as good an artist as you!!! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous flamingo card - I just love that stamp and play with it a lot!!! You are right though, you never see them with just two - LOL!

    Nice pile of rubbah - LOL!

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)