Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bathtime for Isabelle!



Here is a card I created for the My Favorite Things Masking Challenge. Going through my MFT, MFTPresents, and BCDZYNS stamps, I didn't right away see any images that were begging me to put them together, and then shazam! Little Isabelle from Stephanie Fizer and one of Annie Lapointe's tubs, made for each other, don't you think? Her little bare shoulders are perfect for tubby time, and their styles really go together to look like it could very well be one image. To put them together, start by inking up only the tub, no ink on the flowers, and stamp. Now cover the tub with a post and stamp Isabelle so her head and shoulder are peeking out. I colored everything with Copics (the focal point started as a white piece of Gina K Pure Luxury CS, I filled in the background with a pale aqua Copic), and added a few rhinestones bubbles above. The tub, puddle and fish toy below are all covered with Crystal Lacquer. The dark red background DP is from the Basic Grey Bittersweet pack which inspired the fabulous colors for the tub. Ribbon is SU! 5/8" rose and base is Paper Temptress Berrylicious.

13 comments:

  1. I love this Melanie! Something about the simplicity of the layout, and the details of the coloring and images, it speaks to me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say!!! Another stunner Melanie. I wish I had a quarter of your imagination. This is SO sweet!
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Mel! I love how you are always thinking of new ways to combine images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Mel. I left a little something for you on my blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! It is great to see stamps combined. The colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is too cute love how simple yet pretty this card is
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable Melanie! I love how you combined the sets. Looks like these were made together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just sit and shake my head-about how so creative you are.

    This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Melanie - love the vibrant fun colors and the ribbon is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it...those sets are fantastic together!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)