Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bold Thank You

Today's sample uses Bold Flowers from the Floral Frenzy kit. Although these stamps lend themselves to lots of other colors papers than what is included in the kit, I am challenging myself to show you a lot of things you can make using ONLY materials in the kit, with the exception of changing out the inks. Any color ink can be used, you don't HAVE to match your colors with the patterned papers, because you have the gorgeous 4 neutrals in your kit, just use whatever colors you are "feeling" that day!) ;)

But I did include PINK today (from the kit!) LOL! I found you can carefully ink up just one row of dots from the background stamps in Bold Flowers with a marker, (I chose the middle line of dots on the stamp so the block wouldn't rock), and line that up with the middle line on your grid line block andalign that line with one of the stamped dotted rows on the pink, then stamp! I like how this detail draws your eye back in forth in a zig-zag Z down the card. The sentiments are punched out with the SU! 3/4" and 1/" circle punches and popped up on dimesnionals (uh oh, just realized I used dimensionals,(not in the kit) but you have these right?? It's really hard for me to stay away from those, dimension just makes it "pop"!) , the little dotted scraps are stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink with the polka dot stamp from this set, and scallops on the ends to match my flowers were created with the threading water punch. Foliage is inked up with Old Olive. All papers, base and layering, are from the "Floral Frenzy" Kit. This clean and simple creation makes for a very happy thank you in under 10 minutes!



Have a great day, thank you for visiting! Remember, Paper Temptress Party tomorrow night! and don't forget to play the StampTV challenges, there's free stamps to be had!

8 comments:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)