Saturday, February 28, 2009

How do you like your Sorbet?

This card uses the Sorbet Double-sided papers from Paper Temptress, which had me intrigued as soon as I saw it on the site and had me wanting to create a card where you definitely saw BOTH of those fabulous colors! I really like the colors pairings, they’re just so fresh and modern, but my favorite color combo is this Cappuccino/Blue Ice, they are the perfect shades of chocolate and turquoise! (and I had no problem finding coordinating inks and embellishments already in my stash to match, which is a big plus!) There are other really juicy colors for spring, too, : melon, kiwi, etc, YUM, you'll see more of these here, I promise! This was made from only one piece of paper, I just love rich, vibrant color on each side! I Cuttlebugged the card front, and since it is essentially like TWO pieces of paper glued to each other, you get this deep, deep embossing. Then I made a scalloped window to let some of that beautiful blue peep through as well as bending down the flap for another a little teaser of what’s to come!
When you open it, you card is fully lined with this gorgeous color! (greeting and paper flowers are from Bold Flowers in the Floral Frenzy Kit) If you’ve ever tried to line a card completely, you know it’s difficult to get the score just right, and for them to fold together properly, the bulk just doesn’t really allow it, and you have to trim one to make it smaller, but with this, no problem! I give these Double-sided Sorbet papers two thumbs up!


TIP: to make some really beautiful coordinating "buttons", stick an adhesive page pebble to a wide piece of ribbon. Carefully trim around it with your scissors and add a circle mat just a touch larger in metallic or contrasting colored CS behind it. Doesn't that ribbed texture and sheen of the ribbon coming through the pebble look cool?! I was so excited how they turned out!
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Very cool paper, Mel. Question for you...how do you just get the front of your card embossed? I've tried, and I don't know what to do with the back half. If I fold it behind, it gets kind of crinkled, and the embossing doesn't go all the way to my fold. I don't have the Wizard, so maybe I'm not able to do it, but looking at that machine, I don't see how it would work any differently. Thanks for any help you can offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love those "buttons"! That chocolate brown looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Mel! I remember seeing these papers when you first introduced Paper Temptress on your site. I might just have to get some of this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great looking paper...love the colors!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card! I love that combination of colors together - Chocolate with Turquoise and Chocolate with Pink are two of my favorite color combinations. I am in the process of redoing my daughter's room with the Chocolate/Pink combination.

    Great work on the card and I love the embossing on the front of the card. I would really appreciate a tutorial on embossing the fronts of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do LOVE the DS Sorbet paper I got the sample pack & really like the color combos. Great look for the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous...love that beautiful blue...so striking!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)