Sunday, February 8, 2009

How THICK is it?!

Just an FYI about embossing with your Nestabilities with Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb CS (not the 80 lb !): my experience is that the prescribed embossing sandwich for the Cuttlebug (which calls for three pieces of CS and the tan mat) is too thick for this weight paper and will cut through instead of just embossing. This happened to me more than a couple times before I realized there was nothing that kept me from taking out a sheet or two of the those extra CS shims, right? The recommended sandwiches are obviously what has been tried and tested with lighterweight papers (if you have some of this 120 lb paper, I know like me you are probably still fooled from time to time thinking you are holding onto two sheets and it's just the one!) Soooo, try just one or two pieces with the tan mat (depending on how used/warped your B plates are, as well as how deeply you want the embossing) this will give you the results you are looking for!

For a list of all the embossing sandwiches for the Nestabilities with other die cutting machines, see here. Find the one you use if not the Cuttlebug and think about how you can adjust for thicker papers.

Hope this helps! Just want to spare some frustration and cutting through some of that great CS and ruining your design (oh, I know you'd find a way to use the scraps, but still!)

I am in the midst of tryting to get two completed projects written up here for you, I am so excited to share, but the tutorials have more pics than any I've ever done! So it's taking awhile! I appreciate your patience! :) Have a great Sunday! We're celebrating my little boy's 4th birthday party later today!

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the info...it's invaluable! My son will be 4 next month and thought he would like to have a birthday party today too, since I read your message out loud :)Out come the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips on the embossing with Nesties on Gina's 120 cardstock...I am waiting to get a mat and then I am all over it *~*

    Looking forward to seeing what you are busy writing up...hhhmm, is it how you made that MFT card on SCS? Loved the turban! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add, Happy Birthday to your son! 4 is a great age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the tute Melanie, sounds exciting.
    Happy 4th birthday to your little son!!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your son. Mine just turned four one month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't tried to emboss my 120 lbs pure luxury yet, but when I do now I know!

    Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your little guy!

    Enjoy these special moments and don't worry about us... we can wait!

    Eat lots of cake, drink lots of pop and laugh without reserve...

    Marilyn geneva1599@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun looking cake, and a great idea on a black "so to speak" from Costco or where ever. Sorry to hear both your boys got bumps on their fun day.
    Thanks for all your time your putting in for the tutorial and tables. Have a Great Time!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)