Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

I know most of you have already read about Gina's father, this is the first chance I've had to sit down and make the card I wanted to send her. The different vignettes from "Hand in Hand" here will hopefully remind her of not only me wanting to be there for her, but all the friends and family she has, as well as memories of being with her dad.

You don't need to adjust your monitor, I photographed these earthy tones on a chocolate background today, I was inspired by the Basic Grey Granola pack I just got. I ordered it for "masculine" projects but when it arrived I saw it was so much more than that beautiful, earthy prints, rich, warm colors and textures (although it's not "textured", just to be clear). Isn't that floral DP amazing? I stamped each of the hands onto one of the solid colored off-white sheets in the pack and colored just the backgrounds with Copics to match the paper. I love how the plain border around the colored areas is the same size as the vanilla outlines around each flower on the patterned paper...BTW do you recognize those borders?

An occasional happy accident that occurs from leaving a mess on my desk is sometimes noticing two images I might not have thought about together before! I realized Asela's "Framed Friends" stamps have borders whose curving lines and pen width and stamp size were fabulous for framing up my hand images! Ink up just the border (omitting the image inside) with a marker, stamp, then mask the sides or top of the border and stamp in the hands you want. I trimmed them out and found that last week's 100th CPS sketch would do very nicely. :)


Card base is SU! Confetti Vanilla, I ued their taupe grosgraiN and punched the bottoms with a small corner rounder to match the frame stamp image. I didn't use any "sympathy" greetings I had, instead just "I wanna hold your hand!" I hope it's one she can look at often and know how many people are touched by her.


When I asked her what I could do, you probably won't be surprised to read she is most concerned about helping her mother Ruth right now, and thought your handmade cards and wishes would do wonders! (She and Gina's dad were married for over 56 years.) If any of you are able to send a card to Ruth, we would be so grateful. Gina gave her blessing to share the address here with you:

Ruth Aurelio
P.O. Box 164
McFarland, WI 53558

And to anyone who would like to send a card to Gina, please do! her birthday is this Sunday! Read details here for sending her some mail.

Thank you for reading, have a happy, happy day!

14 comments:

  1. Such a meaningful card...love what you created! The dp is so earthy, gotta love Basic Grey. A very fitting card for the occasion.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the address with us. I will gladly send her a card. I think she would love getting a bunch of cards from people who "know" Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. I love that paper. I am very much an "earth tone" person. Thank You for sharing the address I shall send her a card when I get back from my travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the card will be deeply appreciated. It doesn't need the "in sympathy" verse- the hands say it all.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Mel. You always seem to know the right thing to do. I'm sure Gina will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colors and thanks for the address.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card and I'm sure she'll love it! I made cards for both her and her mom and family yesterday and will drop them in the mail this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Melanie. Everything on it is perfect and thank you for reminding us stamp sets can be combined. Off to make a few cards for some special people. Thanks for sharing the address.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous Melanie!! I will sit down and get to some cards tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Melanie, I am sure it will mean a lot to Gina and her family!@!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful and thoughtful card. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, Melanie, and just perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card to really show Gina the comraderie and love!! I definitely am working on some cards to send! Thanks for posting the addy for her mom!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)