Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Luster and Ore

Here is the full card I peeked at the Wednesday night's Paper Temptress party! This sample uses three papers, all from Paper Temptress, the Black and White you see are the new “Lustre” papers. I recommend having your stripes going in the same direction if you’re going to layer them like this, isn’t that black on white and matching striped texture and sheen on both stunning and so coordinated-looking? This White Lustre paper gives your images such a 3D look, and even though the paper has the finest striped texture, you still get such perfect detail in your stamp image, even those tiniest of lines as you can see (I really don’t know how it works, but it does! ) The mat behind the butterfly is Gold Ore, it is perfectly smooth and so shiny, I can only think to compare to the gold foil stars your receive for a job well-done LOL! Use these in large sections or even just the tiniest borders like this to really accentuate earthy tones; your reds, orange and yellows (like I’ve used on the butterfly) will look like they’re on fire when paired with this to this paper! This was a simple and quick card to make, but the papers really say WOW! These papers cost a little more than some I work with, but they need little or no ornamentation which saves me time and money in the end, so I’m loving these!
Butterfly image is from Gina K's "Take Flight", stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics.

I think Patricia has almost everything added to the store now or will soon (be sure to check the newly added cardstocks here, she'll keep updating through tomorrow, takes a while to list 50 new papers!) , You can buy as little as one sheet of each (or as much as you need!), so you might want to create a custom sampler of your favorite finishes!

14 comments:

  1. That is a stunning card! WOW.....That paper is callin' my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just amazing and love this new paper. I just love seeing your inspiring projects everyday. You just make a simple plain stamp come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, Melanie, this is so gorgeous! You're killing me with these papers, you enabler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am so getting this paper!!! Melanie, you are so inspirational! Patricia sent me a sheet of the silver luster paper in my order this week and I have the Take Flight stamps and Copics. I am so stamplifting this idea!!! I hope mine will be as beautiful as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that paper!!! I want it today!! Beautiful card, Melanie.. I have such a hard time with butterflies but yours looks almost real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazingly beautiful card! And these papers are to die for.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I am afraid I am going to have to buy a supply of these papers. They really up the card to a new level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant! I love to see sophisticated cards that's a great comination for some gentemen's cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW....this paper is super shiny!
    but pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rich & beautiful Melanie, I love it! That paper looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your work. Is the white lustre paper you used the same as what Paper Temptress is calling silver lustre? I don't see white on the website. Thanks, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The white will be up by the end of the day. I am having a problem photographing it to add to the product page! Perhaps I will use this picture for it, especially since it is so amazing!! Janes12734, I am sorry, it will be there today!!
    Patricia
    www.papertemptress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)