Saturday, February 7, 2009

Luxury Chocolate, Part 2

Had to share one more designer chocolate bar since they are so fun and easy to make, this time using two sheets from the Basic Grey Bittersweet pack. This print has such a different feel from the other I made, more homespun. I just got these Scalloped Heart Nestabilities so made a cut out in my brown print to have the red distressed print show through. The threading water punch down the sides allows the red to peep through there as well. This time I changed my "The Best Things in Life" sentiment to "shared" (stamped in Memnto Rich Cocoa) and added the little key charm (but no lock!) as a reminder to really share it LOL! I tied my brown satin ribbon around the the red paper below so the knot would come through the middle of my cut out, I really like the look of that, like a big heart shaped candy box with a bow. :)



When I was little I specifically remember two different Valentine's gifts from my dad, he would always come home for work and have something for and something for my mom. One year it was a little pink heart box of chocolates with a silk rose on top, another year, it had a Holly Hobbie on it(yes back in the 70's!)...The first Valentine's Day my husband and I spent together when we were still dating, he snuck into my workplace and had a big bouquet of balloons, tied to a ginoromous teddy bear, we'd only been dating a few weeks but I really knew I found a great guy... :) What's the best Valentine gift you've gotten? Let me know! (But if it's naughty, just smile at the memory and keep it to yourself today pleaseLOL! Too much information for the blog!! ;)

12 comments:

  1. let me be the first to say how pretty this is love that paper
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper is so pretty! I love Basic Grey.

    The best Valentines gift I received was a dozen red roses delivered to my office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this candy wrapper. They are so much fun to make. My best Valentine's gift was my 1st Great Granddaughter(9 years ago). I has hoping for a Birthday present (the 7th) & got a Valentine's gift instead. Memorable Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this candy bar. It is so pretty. Great job!

    Best valentine...was my dad bringing me a charm for my bracelet. Every year he would give me a different heart along with some candy. My mom always got the big jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's telling my age but my new boyfriend(now husband) bought me the soundtrack to the musical Promises,Promises. Attached was a note- more promises to come! So sweet. We've been married 33 years soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite valentine gift was that my husband decorated a shirt with my kids hand prints. Yummy project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best Valentine gift I received from hubby was my engagement diamond ring. He didn't actually plan for the 14th. My birthday is Feb. 2nd and the ring wasn't sized in time for my birthday, so he gave it to me for Valentines. I was totally not expecting it, and we've been married for 36 years!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say, I like this bar the best of all you have done. So, so pretty!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this chocolate bar! My best Valentine gift was a tin Valentine Box filled with Fannie Mae Turtles that my fiance gave me on Valentine's Day. We have been married for 52 years and I still have the tin box. In fact every year it is part of my Valentine Decorations. Corrine Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great paper--love that red showing through the heart cut-out. The heart nesties are next on my list of nesties to get. What a pretty presentation! Thanks for sharing. My husband of 47 years doesn't often remember Valentine's Day---cause we have 3 birthdays and 2 wedding anniversaries in the immediate family in February---so any time he does, it really is special!
    Gail S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this idea and that paper makes it so appealing---I may have to steal it (and give you credit, of course!) Hmmm, my favorite Valentine's gift was 2 years ago when my husband TOTALLY surprised me with a beautiful pearl necklace---we rarely are able to afford such luxuries and I was so humbled and surprised!! Thanks for reminding me of that sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I simply love this candy wrapper -- it is gorgeous without suffering from overkill.

    The best Valentine's present I have ever gotten was a hand-written note from my hubby telling me that he loved me and was glad that I was in his life. That note means more to me than anything money could buy.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)