Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Some Very Sketchy Stuff!


Today Ally is posting the first skecth with samples from her new Card Sistahs, I loved, loved this sketch! (click here to see and play along) I used the new "Sweetest Blessings" set from Gina K and Mary Duffek and my Basic Grey Cupcake pack. All those little strips are actually trimmed from the cover of the pack , you know how they have that sampling of many of the prints inside? (it has a bit of a glossiness to it) Well, these swatches were already the perfect width to fit the card sketch so i just sleiced in between (plus I just love all these different patterns on one card to spice up my festive party theme! the strips in a row on the sketch also remind me of party candles...) :) Every other strip is popped up to give it some more dimension and interest. The base is Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb white and the image is stamped in Memento Black and colored with Copics to match the Basic Grey prints. A little Stardust Stickles swirls on the frosting and Crystal Lacquer on the cherry finished it off!

Let's go see what the other sistahs made!

15 comments:

  1. this card is so cute. love the icecream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! Bright, cheerful and full of fun too.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute, Love that sketch. Check out my blog, I made a cute Valentine card using your Have a Cookie set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a neat sketch! And the cupcake looks yummy!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun card! great layout to use up scraps! congrats on joining the So Sketchy team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card!! Very fun colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I just happened to stumble upon your blog and WOW!!! Impressive! You have beautiful work, I will be sure to check your blog for inspirations. I also love the strips of b-day paper on this card. I would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun layout and papers!! Love it, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, how unique, it never occured to my to use the cover of the paper, LOL. Love how you used it for the fun and festive card :o)
    Sandy O

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a smart idea and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sketch and the Cupcake DP is awesome here! I will surely need to play with this one myself!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)