Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Tinful of the Best Things

No, this is not the other long tutorial I mentioned! LOL! And it's pretty straightforward, forgive the short(er) post today, I have a lot going on here. This little Altoid Tin will hold ALL the words (magents) from "The Best Things in Life", I was able to stamp them all in Memento Black ink onto a piece of Gina K Pure Luxury 80lb CS that I attached to a self adhesive magentic sheet( I forgot to write down the dimensions of the sheet I bought but it was about 6x8", similar to the size of the untrimmed stamp set, it was under $3 at Hobby Lobby).
Instead of permanently covering the inside or outside of my tin, I left it a blank slate, the magnets will of course stick on all sides, I love how you can put them around the edge or create your "phrase of the day" for the top. Doing a color or some different DPs would have been really fun, but I decided to keep it all back and white9with the exception of the "pink" and "chocolate" of course! LOL!), classic fridge poetry-style. To dress it up a bit I punched out some flowers with the Basic Grey Cupcake DP and stuck a coordinating Basic Grey Cupcake Glazed brad through each. I bent back the prongs and then used my leftover bits from the magentic sheet on the back so I can decorate the top or inside of the tin or bling up my phrases (there is room to store these inside as well when I'm not using it)

This is a fun little gift to give to a friend, co-worker, child or yourself! Keep it with the tin as a desk set or keep it out on the fridge in the open for the whole family to enjoy....

Back later! the phrase of the day is: caffeinated things make you laugh!

12 comments:

  1. I just love this idea amd your tin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an adorable tin. my kids would love this. oh...i would love this.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!! This turned out fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a completely adorable project! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect tin idea, Melanie! Love it. Hope you are doing well! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this cute idea!!! I think I'll like these magnet words waaaaaaaay more than my hubby's about the Petroleum business that he has on the fridge right now!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOh! LOVE this! absolutely genius project. {scampering off to go find my stash of tins!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea and great gift suggestion, especially for a child learning their first words. Also a cute idea for newlyweds to leave messages for each other. The ideas would be endless.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, how FUN! love the cupcake flowers (I hate WORD VERIF!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project! So much better than the ugly free magnets with ads all over them on my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to ahve a work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Melanie. What a great idea! It could be a lot of fun!

    By the way, I gave you TWO awards on my "little" blog. Come by and see what they are!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)