Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inspiration Hop, Day 3: "By the Sea" and Free with Three!

Hello! I hope you have been enjoying our inspiration hop so far! Today we have two AWESOME sets to share, the first is Theresa Momber's "By the Sea", this is going to be one of my favorites from her, as I love the beach! Great for men and women alike, sail away on a virtual vacation with these gorgeous stamps! The sample below uses the new Pure Luxury Just Peachy with Chocolate Brown and Ocean Mist, I love this combo!
I stamped the bird and sentiment and then trimmed around the birdy's tail so I could die cut it with a Long Rectangle Nestabilities to look like he is wading into the scene. This sandpiper is one of favorite images in the set. Sponge on a little coral colored sunset and blue water, remove your die, color him with Copics and you have such a realistic scene you can almost feel the waves lapping over your toes! :) I placed my focal point low and then extended the sky into the peach layer, to really emphasize the vastness of it, adding some large and small seagulls from the set in Versamark to the peach layer above and more sponging to really emphasize the big expanse of sky. A little hemp tied in a sailor's knot (I found an easy tutorial for it online) finishes it simply.
Hope it inspires, this is my favorite card I've made for this release! I also can't wait to use it with my "Gifts from the Sea" set, too, the style and selection of images complement each other perfectly! Gorgeous images from her set for the background and shells for the foreground from mine and you can really make some sweet scenes! Congrats on an awesome set, Theresa, and thank you!

Next up, we have Gina's new Free with Three set "Elegant Elements". This set is a long time coming and I am amazed that this versatile set is FREE with the purchase of only three sets, (have you given Gina a virtual hug lately for her generosity? I mean honestly, anything free rocks and this set for me is at the tippy top of the heap of all her "Free with Three" offerings! Here are four patterned papers I was able to quickly crank out with just a few of the different elements on solid Pure Luxury colors: Key Lime, Kraft, Smoky Slate, and Ocean Mist ( from left to right using black , brown and cranberry, gray, and finally brown ink) The possibilities are really endless and creating patterns with stamping is one of my favorite things to do as a stamper.
This sample shows the Key Lime mat I made, layered onto White and Black Onyx. This round medallion is probably my favorite, all the little details inside but then the clean round border of the circle really lend it to both fussy and "frou frou" designs as well as clean and classic, you know? I used the "Border Bling" that fits the Labels One die, and I think the white embossing on black turned out really sharp! I thought using the sentiment about a "pearl" was perfect for white on black and then accented the medallion centers with adhesive pearls. I love how nicely these borders in "Border Bling" really tie in and bring out all the little dots in the "Elegant Elements", these two sets are great for making a really detailed looking card in flash!
I used the "Border Bling" that fits the Labels One die, and I think the white embossing on black turned out really sharp! I thought using the sentiment about a "pearl" was perfect for white on black and then accented the medallion centers with pearls. I love how nicely these borders in "Border Bling" really tie in and bring out all the little dots in the "Elegant Elements", these two sets are great for making a really detailed looking card in flash!

Thanks for visiting today and please come back tomorrow for the final day of our hop! Please enjoy all the projects the team has created for you!

  • Gina K

  • Melanie Muenchinger (you are here!)

  • Michelle Woerner

  • Sharon Harnist

  • Suzanne Dean

  • Theresa Momber

  • Tina Gilliland

  • Vicki Dutcher

  • AJ Otto

  • Carolina Buchting

  • Cathy Tidwell

  • Colleen Schaan

  • Deb Felts

  • Donna Baker

  • Giovana Smith

  • Janice Whiting

  • Jennie Harper

  • Jimmi Mayo

  • Lee Murphy
  • 86 comments:

    Jennie said...

    LOVE the patterned paper you created with Elegant Elements and your By the Sea scene is beautiful!

    Ravengirl said...

    Love your beach scene! It's fabulous with all it's details. And your patterned paper that you stamped just blows me away!

    --Marcy said...

    How versatile these sets are - great job!

    pakosko said...

    your work is so neat and sharp

    Teri said...

    Gorgeous! Love beach themes!

    Sue VanDeVusse said...

    Beautiful sunset scene! Love the backgrounds you created with those medallion stamps, too.

    catdidit said...

    so awesome Mel! really love those patterned papers you made too...that sea scene one ...just wowza!

    Tina Gilliland said...

    You totally rocked that patterned paper!!! Love how you added the pearls to the center to go with your Border Bling. Nice! Great scene with Theresa's set and I too like those colors together!

    crotnem said...

    Simple but elegant!

    Melody (lacyquilter) said...

    Your cards are wonderful.

    Sue Bridges said...

    Love the paper ideas, Love the cards

    Becky said...

    Gorgeous patterned paper. Loving your sea scene.

    Jill said...

    Neat background paper--love both your cards

    Donna said...

    Another set of gorgeous cards! Love the backgrounds!

    Anonymous said...

    What an elegant card, so easy and fast, my type of card!!! Maria

    lisa808 said...

    Very pretty.

    Vicki Dutcher said...

    Oh love the bg from Elements

    Riette said...

    These are truly amazing. I love how with shading you created a whole scene! And I love the key lime and black background. Fantastic.

    Dottie Watson said...

    Love the colors of your sea gull card. Beautiful shading. I must learn more..All yur cards are wonderful. Thnx for sharing.
    Hugz, Dottie

    Luv 2 Create said...

    Your scenery astounds me. Love both cards and the new stamp sets.
    Marcie

    Janeen said...

    you are so clever with design, also really like your sand piper off the edge like that. thx

    Linda said...

    Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    Pattyb said...

    Love the paper that you created
    with these new stamps! How versatile is that!!!! Thanks
    for sharing.
    Blessings, Pat

    Anita said...

    Stunning cards!

    Carol said...

    Beautiful cards, I love the colors and the design.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    JaniceAileen said...

    Awesome job, girl!

    Marsha said...

    What beautiful cards. Love what you did with both sets.

    Karen (TLgirl353) said...

    Wonderful cards, Melanie!

    Barb said...

    Stunning, Just Stunning Creations! Love how colorful they are--thanks so much for sharing!

    Scrapacat said...

    Wow Melanie! I love all the samples you made with the free set. The card is beautiful with the sweet pearls.
    Can't wait for my order to come!

    Donna said...

    Melanie, cute cards, love the first one it almost looks like you could see through the card, the color choices are great and really match the base color of the card!!
    Second one is also very nice.

    Donna Przy....

    Sandy said...

    Love your By the Sea Card

    Donna Phelan said...

    Both cards are wonderful Melanie, but I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your beach card......fabulous!

    Debbie Rogers said...

    The beach scene is fabulous! Love the patterned paper that you designed also!

    Patti J said...

    I love coming here to see what eye candy you have, Melanie! Great summer sea scene - absolutely stunning. Love the DP card too!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Mrs Ham said...

    Great project. I love that background paper you created with the stamps. Thanks for sharing.

    Charlene said...

    Wow! Love that seagull card. The colors are fab! I just purchased this set and can't wait to get it!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Southernmrs
    at verizon
    dot net

    Debbie Bradford said...

    Your beach scene is great! I couldn't wait to read how you did it and your instructions are so simple for me to understand. Your patterned paper is also so very pretty.

    Anonymous said...

    Beautiful cards. Ilove the patterned papers you created with the free set.
    Debbie D.

    jean w. said...

    What great paper you created with the stamps and both cards are beautiful!

    Payne Holler Cards said...

    oh my! so much inspiration - these are incredible (-:

    Auntie Em said...

    Your beach scene card with the detail on cut out of the bird is gorgeous and I really like the patterned paper you stamped. It really makes your cards unique.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lynne in NI said...

    Beautiful card ... love the effect of your water, and your patterned paper is gorgeous!

    Diane N said...

    Loved your cards! The sandpiper's tail was a great touch.

    Jenny McGee said...

    Very nice cards. Love the summer colors you used in the first card. Nice work.

    Chris said...

    Beautiful cards, Melanie. Love the samples of patterned paper that you made with the Elegant Elements. That one is going to be fun!

    Lillian Child said...

    Adore how your little bird is standing in water - great inking technique!

    sandi said...

    Both cards are Great. Thank you for sharing.

    0900Lee said...

    What can one say that others haven't another wonderful card, thanks

    Designs By Sky said...

    gorgeous cards! love the backgrounds you did with the elegant elements. I love the color combination of by the sea. actually I love all of that card. I am definately going to buy some just peachy cs. TFS

    Sue D said...

    Great cards--I really like the color combo on your beach scene.

    strac1 said...

    beautiful use of patterned paper - very nice.

    margaret said...

    I love to beach scene. I have never used the long rectangle die-- now you have inspired me== THANKS!

    Caroline said...

    Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing them. I'm partial to the seabird... they are my favorite with how super fast they move those little legs! LOL

    Sandy said...

    Fabulous beach scene..I can almost smell the salt sea air!

    Susan said...

    I love the little sandpiper and the beautiful sentiment on the first card. Your designer papers and lime card are lovely.

    naneruth said...

    Love the By the Sea card' so pretty! Great pattern paper you made on the other.

    Sylvia said...

    I'm not sure which one I liked more, the beach scene or the patterned paper with the pearls! Thanks for such wonderful ideas.

    Crafty Math Chick said...

    Beautiful sponging in your first card. I love all the different DPs you created with the new one free with three set!

    Barb Ghig said...

    Absolutely GORGEOUS cards! Thanks so much for the inspiration and for a chance to win some goodies!!!

    Miesje said...

    I love it Melanie! I really love the colors you used on the beach card and the DP you created is wonderful!

    Lagene said...

    OHHhh my goodness! Love the beach scene card & your created BG card is beautiful!

    Barbara Hale said...

    The patterned papers you made with the elegant elements stamps are great.

    Charo said...

    I love the colors in your sandpiper card!

    66anna66 said...

    Very nice! Liked the two-toned section on the beach card!

    AJ said...

    great cards Mel!

    Kary said...

    Wow both cards are so gorgeous!! I love the beach scene - so pretty, and the patterned papers are so awesome.

    Gayle said...

    The patterned paper you made is fabulous. Great samples

    LindaS said...

    I love your card with the bird especially because I'm borned and rIses near the Sea and loves those image. Wonderful colors on the second card.

    Betty Neville said...

    Beautiful cards! Love the scene you've created on your first card, and the variety of dp created with Gina's "free with three" set!

    JessicaK said...

    Such a realistic beach scene - the shadowing on the bird and the shimmer of the water - lovely.

    Golda said...

    Both your cards are quite cool. I love the colors on the first and the bling on the second.

    Valerie said...

    Great beach scene. Love your work.

    Brenda said...

    Awesome cards Melanie! I love the color combo on the first card.TFS

    Neesey said...

    You created some beautiful papers. I love the shading you did with your other card. Very beautiful.

    Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

    Oh I love the elegant shore scene! And yes....I'm also loving making dp with the elements!! So fun in the green!!

    Kris said...

    Gorgeous! Totally love them both! TFS!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    Carolina said...

    Beautiful scene you created on your first card, but the patterned papers you came up with - WOW! LOVE them all and how you used one of them on your card is just delightful!

    bbryant said...

    Melanie you are such a great teacher and looking forward to try this.

    jonim52 said...

    Love the peach and blue color combo!

    Isabel Z said...

    Absolutely divine what you created!

    richardbreaks said...

    Beautiful job, Melanie! LOVE the colors you used!!

    thekolbes said...

    Love em
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    Clare said...

    Very very nice cards! I like the way you divided the sky and water with the birds on the first one. The second is just striking with the green and black!

    pamselinski said...

    Your cards are so amazing I really love your most recent one.

    Marsha said...

    That is just as cute as can be. Great eye candy.