Monday, December 14, 2009

Mosaic Monday

Hello! Today I used the "Inspiration Mosaic" frame to improvise a very modular looking shelving unit, and snuck a few key images from other GinaK Designs sets to fill it out: computer mug, picture and pencil can from "Tech Talk", and made a nature photo and screen saver from "Life is Good". Instead of masking the trees into each, I just stamped them and then stamped the screen and picture over them, and cut out the rectangle to mount on top like I was piecing. the pencil cup is pieced with Basic Grey Granola. Card base is Pure Luxury Kraft. it still needed one small something so I added the little baseball from "Sporty Accessories" into one of the nooks. Oh! and I replaced the heart on the keyboard witha smiley! TIP: An easy way to do this instead of omitting inking up the ehart is to cut out the button and then turn it aorudn and tamp the face on the bck, the piece is symmetrical so you can glue it onon the keyboard that way. :o)

Have a great day, blog hop tonight! :)

7 comments:

  1. HOW CLEVER!!!!! I love this!!That Mosaic will wear out before we know it! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is so cool! Love all the great details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wondered when someone was going to use this set with the Inspiration stamp LOL...toooo cute! waiting to get my Tech set in January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH GORgeous scene on the computer!!!! I'm using Mosaic with soooo many images too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the cutest, cleverest thing!
    love your screen saver and how you cut out the bottom of the computer (out of the box).
    boy, the uses of this stamp is just endless and i'm loving them all!
    sandyh
    sandyha@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZAH! This is another up a notch card, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)