Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bon Appétit!


Here is a deal I bought his morning for only $8 (for myself but really more for my adventurous and fabulous husband cook, belated anniversary gift!): a one year subscription to Bon Appétit. (12 issues, a $60 value) I've never subscribed to this magazine before, but the food and recipes names on the covers at checkout always look positively drool-worthy! (like that pie above? Omgosh!)

Just thought I'd share, at less than $1 an issue, there will probably be some great recipes and techniques to add to your repertoire! :)

BTW, my husband and I made some terrific new recipes for our anniversary dinner on Sunday night: a barbecue shrimp recipe from Emeril with the most amazing sauce and "Utterly Deadly Pecan Pie" from Southern Living. Both were fantastic! I'm not really a "nut pie" person, prefer fruit pies, but this pie made me a believer! :) Will have to share those with you soon, too!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm.......you probably need my shipping address, right? lol - I gained 5 lbs. just looking at the magazine cover! Can't wait to see photos of the amazing dishes you and DH create. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel, I got a subscription for my husband. What a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I should get my Hubby one too, he just started a cooking class at the local Tech school. So far he has brought home, very neatly chopped veggies! :) Oh and last night he brought home some fresh baked cod with tomatoes, olives, garlic etc and some kind of rosemary chicken & potatoes. This is the BEST class he has ever taken, in my opinion! Thanks for the great idea, think I will get it for Christmas for him....or for me, depending on how you look at it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered a subscription for my hubby's birthday. Thanks for sharing this great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)