Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 3 with Kyra

Are you ready for another fun, furry project from Kyra and the "Basket Buddies"? Today she came up with this adorable gift card holder, I love this idea to help a friend or family welcome their newest member(s!) of the family with a gift card to the pet or book store to get any little extras you might need for fun times ahead! Kyra's detials are below!



Growing Family

My sister-in-law just received a boxer puppy, and I thought it would be fun to get some things just for Lucy. However, I didn't know exactly what she would need. Perfect time for a gift card!

I used Gina's gift card tutorial ( and this video shows the second part) from Stamp TV using pure luxury Kraft cardstock, and Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers paper. Before I adhered the patterned paper, I inked up all the edges with vintage photo distress ink.

I stamped the puppies from "Basket Buddies" on white pure luxury heavy base weight paper, and colored them with my Prismacolor pencils, blending with odorless mineral spirits. I gave them just a hint of a background using my Copic markers. I cut the Oval and Scalloped Oval using Spellbinder's Nestabilities. I stamped the growing family sentiment on coordinating cardstock, and used my Spellbinder's Fancy Tags #3 die to cut it.

From there, it was easy to adhere all the pieces, cut and make a loop with Gina K's wonderful stitched ribbon, and attach the oval image.

4 comments:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)