Monday, June 16, 2014

Video: Pencils, Markers and More Stately Flowers 5



Hello!  Hope you had a terrific weekend and father's day!  In today's video, I show some very simple coloring and shading tips for the sunflower in my Stately Flowers 5 set, using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and blendable pencils, plus a white marker! Alcohol markers are also great for customizing embellishments, like the new Gina K. wood buttons. I also added a masked background using the herringbone border from my Pretty Patterns 2 set. It creates s a textured look and adds so much interest to this card. Refer to supply list below for details as well as coordinating Copic colors. 




 Supplies: Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 5, Pretty Patterns 2 Gina K, Pure Luxury Sweet Corn, Black Onyx, and White cardstock Gina K. Sweet Corn, Black Onyx ink pads Faber-Castell White Pitt Artist Pen, Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils Essentials: 089, 015, Spectrum Noir markers: CG2, CG4, CT2, GB8, True Black (Copics Y15, YG67, YG03, C1, E57, 100

Apologies! I forgot to add the outer shadow to my image with IG2 in the demonstration. Refer to finished card photo and trace the right underside of the image, as if the light were falling from the top left of the card. Also, I meant to say, as you can see in the photo from the side, stamping the sunflower a second time inside the card is a really nice way to coordinate with the front. Finally, at 3:57 I said long border stamps, meant to say long block, but yes, you need a border stamp, too

5 comments:

  1. Thank You Melanie for another inspirational video. I love watching you work.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool and wonderfully colored card design. Thanks for the video to show us how to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I would love to see more videos using both the Spectrum Noir markers and pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Thank You!! I have that stamp set and love using it and have just gotten the pencils so will definitely try this method. Love watching your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the video. I had not thought of using pencils along with markers. Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)