Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flowers for Daisy: Let's Make Her Day!

When I got out my sheet of "Flowers for Daisy" to trim, I noticed the vase image and verse were the perfect proportions for a bookmark and already lined up, this was so easy to create! I love putting flowers on bookmarks, it is so pretty to have a your ribbon marker double as a stem and I love the idea of tucking away a flower in a book to save for later... :)


After stamping my image and greeting, plus one more daisy on white cardstock, all colored with Copics, I decided I wanted to have the top be an inverted triangle to mirror the one on the table top. I stamped my daisy above my focal point and then trimmed around the flower up to the point in the center.
Then I made a hole through the top with my Cropodile that would be covered by my cut out daisy I glued the white daisy over my tied ribbon and then used one of my little Kelly Pannaci stamp borders on the bottom, filling in the scallops with white gel pen and them trimming around them with scalloped scissors. The white with Summer Sun CS and the daisies are just like a breath of fresh air!
I sent this bookmark to Asela's friend Daisy, you can read more about her and the set here. Would you like to send her some of your own "paper flowers"? Email me for her address, and you will be entered to win a gorgeous pad of 6x6 Designer Paper (doublesided!) from a brand new company we discovered at CHA! (ooh ahh!!) Your card does not have to be made with this set or using flowers, just whatever you would like to share with her to lift her up! I will announce a winner on Wednesday, July 30th on my blog (but feel free to keep senidng cards after that date please!) so please be sure to check back to see who won, I will be posting another special card using the set that day.

Thank you so much for supporting this set and Asela and Daisy, you are making a difference!

PS Jessica is doing her first blog candy, be sure to go check it out, ends Monday!

12 comments:

  1. Love the bookmark. Your virtual pet is so cool. I may have to get me one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bookmark! I will have to make one too, I am always needing a bookmark and can never find one!I would love to send Daisy a paper smile! I'll be emailing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT bookmark! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bookmark is absolutely gorgeous!! I will be emailing you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, I love your bookmark - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your bookmark! I gave you a special award on my blog tonight

    a RAK & some awards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Melanie!!! A heart of GOLD is what you have to go along with this golden gem of a bookmark!!! It's so bright and cheery and yet so deep and meaningful!!!! I'll be e-mailing you now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card with a beautful purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bookmark!! You know you need to send me the address right? I knew you did...LOL!!
    BTW, I got the I love Mel thing put on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the opportunity to send her a card. I will email you.
    Beautiful site. This is my first time here.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bookmark! I will email you for Daisy's address..I would love to send her a card and ordered this stamp set myself! What a great cause!
    Thanks a bunch!
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you consider making one to sell to me? I was saved 50 years ago this May, and someone gave me a packet of daisy seeds as a youth outreach to illustrate
    “Your New Life in Christ.” — I would love to have one if your bookmarks as my Bible place keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)