Monday, July 28, 2008

U Go Girl!

I wish I'd had all my new Basic Grey DP when my stamps first came, but I couldn't wait!! So this one uses my DCWV Spring Mat stack for both the shirt and background. I just love piecing with this image, since the sleeves are bold you get both a solid and a pattern in just one step when you stamp on designer paper!

I cut out my shirt and mounted it on a white circle Nestie and then on a Bashful Blue scalloped Nestie, to look like a flower from the DP. The little Cuttlebug flower die with the white brad in the middle is just a "smaller version" and provided the one little embellishment I wanted. It came out so cheerful, it just makes me happy looking at it! I thought I'd do something a little different and have the ribbon run under and through the T-shirt sleeves, it emphasizes the greeting it a bit more.

Other supplies are SU!, 5/8" ribbon and CS in Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip ink and CS.

Wednesday I'll be announcing the candy winner from my RAK request for Daisy! Also, you could possibly win this card AND a "Little Tees" set by donating to the flood relief non-raffle on SCS. Thousands dollars have already been raised, you can check out all the prizes donated here. Please check it out!

9 comments:

  1. Melanie I love the colours in this one, I'll have to keep my eye open for that spring pack! The fund for the flood victims is an excellant idea, that's great that SCS is involved and there sure are some awesome donations for prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love the ribbon going behind the shirt! Man I CANNOT WAIT for my set to get here, I have so many ideas for it running through my head. Can't wait to play! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this tee is soooo cute with the glitter stack!!!! And you are soooo generous and amazing!! I saw your card and set in the Prize Gallery!! I donated a few days ago and can't wait to hear about all the totals soon!!!! And Daisy's RAK will go out postal tomorrow!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a versatile set and you're doing wonderful things with it; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new stamps are absolutely fabulous, Melanie! I hope to get some ordered soon! My daughters will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Melanie! Love the colors, the circle background, the ribbon going behind the image... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! A little hippy tee! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)