Saturday, August 23, 2008

Balloons and Cupcakes


Here is a super simple card I made with a few papers from the Basic Grey's Cupcake pack. I really like the colors (a mix of rich earthy tones plus pastels) and the whimsical images they use on these papers, not just cupcakes, ice cream cones, bicycles, and as you see here, balloons! (Aren't these fun colors?) I used the distressed red page from this pack to make my tee (and for the red mat behind the balloon DP) I stamped it in the corner of the page so I could pick up a lot of that cool distressing in blue. Gives it such a comfortably worn, vintage tee look. I added "birthday" "girl", and cut out, that's it!


I thought it would be more interesting to mount it on a color so I took a yellow distressed page from the pack and die cut a large oval using my Nestabilities to match one of the balloons. I mounted this off center and extending off the top of my square 4x4" card (so it will still fit in an A2 envelope) lined up over one of the strings so it now looks like it's tied and drifting right off the DP!

The 5/8" olive grosgrain is SU! I used my 1/2" circle punch to bite out just the corners at the top and bottom and stuck in my big white brads from Hobby Lobby to finish it off

Have a good one, (celebrate the day like it's your birthday!) thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! I know I haven't been commenting much lately (been uber sick) but everything you've been showing is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    Found you through Cammie's blog. I know you had those adorable t-s that you created for Gina K...I love the swimsuit one. I too have a swimmer. My son is a Junior on the High School team. Love your site. Will be back. I was trying to find a subscribe button??

    BTW Congrats on your 9th anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute Birthday card!! I love the yellow background and the tent topper design!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)