Friday, August 29, 2008

The Fastest Card I (N)Ever Stamped!

My new release sets came today (woo hoo!) which required lots of trimming and left little time for stamping! So instead of stamping, I put a few things from my very large order of stuff Gina K just recently added to the store to good use, assembling about the quickest card on earth! ta da!
This uses just part of one 6x6 piece from a brand new paper line Gina K will be carrying (she discovered them at CHA), available for purchase next Friday, September 5th! (Just wait til you see the rest of them (this particular pad's palette is a yummy mix of aqua, teal and dark cocoa), so many color option and designs, and if you've been paying close attention to Gina's blog, each 6x6 pack is textured and double-sided!) I mounted this on a piece on textured DCWV Earth Elements CS pack (a terrific match for the brown in this DP!) on white CS. That's it! Isn't the loopy, swoopy border and "love" element on the print to die for? Now kick it up a little bit with some white brads...
getting better, but I couldn't stop without a quick press of my new Large Flourish Punch (now available) into that same textured DCWV brown, hooking my punched flourish around the brads and tacking the ends down with a little Mono Multi.
I LOVE IT! I have so many ideas for this punch (as well as the others) and can't wait to try them all out and show you some little mini tutorials!
Sneak peeks are just a few days away, with TWO blog candys going on! :) Have a great weekend!
PS REMINDER: This is the final weekend a portion of the profits from "Flowers for Daisy" are going to the American Cancer Society, buy your set NOW to contribute $4 to a cause that touches all our lives!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh..........fabulously yummmmy new shhhhtufff!!! LOL I'm sure lovin' that paper!!! What a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hard to believe this was easy! The paper looks very desirable! and I love the punched flourish! I love sneak peaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this new paper...just picked up some of the line a few days ago. Love the textured feel to it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new paper is splendid! And how you took the card to different levels is so nice! Hope you are feeling better, Mel! Take good care of yourself, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that your flourish punch link doesn't work? That paper is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)