Sunday, August 24, 2008

For the Hostess with the Mostest

Here's a card I made with Basic Grey's Sultry pack, (4 different prints) I thought these patterns and colors would be fun to make a vintage looking, homey "kitchen" card. The dress and apron require stamping the tee twice on two different patterned papers. The brown "dress" is made by cutting on tee in half to separate and make it longer to mount under the apron), the apron is made by sketching on some straps and a waist after stamping the tee (plus pockets if you wish) and cutting. There are so many ways you could draw yours differently to change the style of your apron (to make it look more like a grilling apron, a retro frilly glamour apron, etc) I added "Domestic Goddess" to the chest, I love this script font, looks embroidered. (Would really look embroidered if you embossed it! But I didn't, lazy...)

This is a 4 1/4" card. I made a mat from the pack in anew apttern(kind of like oilcloth from a diner of wallpaper and added my Kelly Panacci stitch stamp aroud the edges. I made my a notch in each corner for my big white brads with the ticket punch, then mounted on Chocolate Chip and Certianly Celery layers, very pretty matches with the Basic Grey pack.



The scalloped, embossed white mat (a Square Nestabilitie, stamped with "Happy Birthday" a matching font sentiment from Carolyn's "Framed Flowers") is meant to look like a little napkin or placemat. It still needed a little something so I wwrapped a piece of SU! celery 5/8" grosgrain around and under the dress, then used my fourth and final print from the pack to punch a 1 " circle to mount under this clear button, I just love using DP and clear buttons this way. (Be sure to use a clear glue to add the paper since you'll see through it)



BTW, I found a super cute (easy!) idea in "Family Fun" magazine for using different DPs with clear buttons, will be back to share this you after I complete and photograph! :)

PS I am the Anti-Domestic Goddess IRL, but I can play one on my blog LOL!


Have a great day! Hope this inspires you to go make a card (after whipping up a batch of cookies, hee!)

12 comments:

  1. The creativity flowing here just leaves me in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased this awesome set and am waiting for it to arrive! I can wait to try this idea as well as the others you have shared on your blog. The possibilities seem endless. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I LOVE this! This is awesome Mel! Has a retro feel to me and doing the clear button like that is such a neat touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I'm just waiting for Mrs. Cleaver's face to show up above that apron!! LOL I love this creativity....soooo fun!!!! And BG does make the most beautiful dp to play with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! And the DP under the clear button, especially that style of button, makes it look like a cake on a plate. The two holes could be candles viewed from above!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! You would totally think the apron was a stamp in itself and not a modified image. And I just used some clear buttons in the same way this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever, love all the patterns of DP mixed. how were those homebaked cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are unstopable in the creativity dept! This is really cool! I also love the idea with the clear button...now I need clear buttons! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Melanie! So what time do you want me over for cookies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable & clever, and I love the patterned paper you've use!! That big button is so pretty as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)