Monday, August 18, 2008

"The Future's So Bright..."

...I gotta wear shades!" I love smiley faces (when I write I always put two exclamation points at the end of sentences so I can add a little smile underneath =: ) Remembering how popular this happy face was was growing up I am having a hard time not making it yellow when I'm using it on my "Little Tees"! Guess there's actually a chance now I might finally make a dent in my Yoyo Yellow CS and ribbon LOL!

I am loving putting a cut out focal point onto a colored mat instead of white really pops. I figured a yellow round mat framed by black would most appropriate with the happy face theme.And here I lost the ribbon to make it a little more manly. My son just loves this card. (You may or may not have noticed the ringer tee is a little less "shapely" than the short sleeved one and works well for guy cards(plus the ringer style is sportier), Jonathan looked over the set and right away said "this one's the boy shirt" LOL!) In this view you can also see the dimension and shine the Sakura Glaze Pen adds to the "2COOL" and shades. Aren't these brads cute?? I took my big white ones from Hobby Lobby and colored them with my Cadmium Yellow Copic, then drew on a smiley face with a black Sharpie.


Thanks for looking, have a nice day!!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cheerful card. I love how you made your very own smiley brads. :) Awesome card.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! OMWord it's adorable! I was playing with the tees tonight and kept eyeing that smily face... I just need to ink him up, he'll go a long way! I want to use it as a border for something, just haven't figured out what yet! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so BRIGHT and cheery! WHat a fun card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a groovy shirt. I love the brads. So genius of you to color them and draw little smiley faces. Now I wish I was at home so I could play some more with my tees. But {sigh} I am at work and just started, so it will be a while until I can go home to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way too cool! Love the matching smiley face brads. Great card for a teen getting recognition for, say, doing well at his/her first job, passing an anticipated test---how about passing their driver's license test?
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Day after day--you come up with the best ideas! Everyone Tee is just awesome. TFS Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh you've done it again!! Created an AAAAAAAdorable Tee AND got an 80's song stuck in my head!!! LOL The Sakura Glaze does look amazing!!! And great way to use up YoYo Yellow.....I never bought much of that for a reason........now I may need some!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! You really have an endless possibiltiy mind, don't you? :) I love your customized brads too! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)