Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How Cheesy!*

Not the image, the card LOL! Give me a mouse with a piece of holey cheese (from "Whatever Floats Your Boat" by Rupa Shevde and I've gotta get out my punches! ;) This was very easy to make...
This an A2 size card, that opens longways, makes it easier to get the punches all over/where you want them. I used the large hole in my Cropodile and my SU! 1/2" and 1" circle punches for all the holes. I did this pretty quickly, just trying to get a random look but varying the sizes. I also went off the sides with a few.
The image is colored with SU! markers, Koh-i Noor and and OMS, AND Copics! I sponged on a little Barely Banana ink with the Nestabilitie die still in place like a stencil to make the background to match my card base. I added a layer of Apricot Appeal inside the card so that the holes would appear to have a little more depth and "pop". The curved sentiment in the set was fun to stamp around them, too! :) A more fun ribbon than plain white would have been good, but digging through my stash I just didn't have any that worked with these colors, oh well!

I'm leaving town tomorrow, won't be back for days and days and no computer where I'm going!!
But don't worry (not that you would), I have everything on autopilot here, though, so please keep checking back each day for new projects, and cut me some slack trying to get caught up on email when I return LOL! Talk to you soon!

*or "Holey Moley!"

PS Can you add yourself to my new guestbook down at the bottom while I'm gone, pretty please? Your smiling faces would be the perfect welcoming committee when I get back! :)

24 comments:

  1. OH NO! You can't go out of town, Melanie! YOu have to be near a computer just in case any of us need you for inspiration, or just a fun blog to read... Oh wait, did you say autopilot? Ok, then I'll just pretend it's actually you even thought it will be cyber-Mel. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so dang cute! I love the cheese card,, it is soooo perfect with this image! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too stinkin' cute!!! This is exactly what i envisioned for this little guy, but didn't know quite how to pull it off and you've gone ahead and done it...LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at you!!! How do you come up with the most original and creative ideas one after another after another??!!! You ROCK!!! Have a wonderful time wherever you're headed that's so primitive you have no contact with those of us in the known world!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I tried doing this, lol! But of course looked nothing likeyours! awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cheesey card, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you smarty pants! What a great idea! I'll have to make one fo these it's so cute. Hope you have fun wherever you're going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a really cute card. Holey moley is a cute title too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable! I like "How Cheesy" best for the title. So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card. What a great way to make "cheese" Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just ADORABLE, Melanie! I LOVE that cheese card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SHUT UP!!!!! That is adorable!!!!! I'm such a cheese fanatic this one grabbed my attention without a double take...lol. SO SO ADORABLE!!! Great job on the holes! LOL! Have fun on your break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HEE HEE - best card I've seen using this set so far! love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is this?!!! I LOVE this!!! Hope you have a great vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the cheese card.. now you've inspired me to try it.. hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the cheese card, now you've inspired me to try it. Hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. have a great time. Thanks for the email on the mat can't believe i missed that. and with this mouse card it looks like I have two sets to buy on friday

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are amazing Melanie! That is so cool! Love it!!! Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so super cute...I don't know how you are gonna handle being gone...I would be miserable without my computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute is that?! I love that cheesy card! Punches are a great thing! Especially in the hands of super creative people like you! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, so cute! I absolutely LOVE the cheese - TFS, you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW~ that is one of the coolest cards Ive seen...so original...LOVE IT. I know I'll have to try it but of course, it will look nothing like yours!
    TFS
    Ansa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm loving your little t's cards and the set. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten it yet. This is absolutely adorable! I love the holey card and the little mouse is too stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)