Monday, August 25, 2008

Little Monsters

I had some time to ink up these sweet little monsters from the new My Favorite Things "Monster Squad" today and had to get out every color flock I own for their furry little costumes!

Some parts are colored with Koh-iNoor pencils and OMS, the remaining areas I covered with my Quickie Glue Pen and pressed in my flock, one color at a time. I cut out all the images, placed some on dimensionals, and then stamped the image again so I could cut out the rabbit face to add a third layer like it was peeping out through the hood. The DP is Basic Grey Sugared, I love the earthy tones they mix with the pink in this pack. (I drew a little shadow under each with a marker, but difficult to see now, the dark colors of the DP absorbed it, I need to go back over again) I added my black grosgrain and layered the DP on Basic Black and More Mustard, but the card needed a little something still, so I fished out a Zoo Brad to put on my tied ribbon and drew in some little spots with my black pen to match on one character. (I had a hard time getting this photographed to my liking, but I wanted you to see the layers.)

As I worked on each costumed child, I realized none are really "monsters", just sweet animal costumes, so with different colors I think you could use this image for lots of other occasions besides Halloween, use each child separately, piece their cotsumes from DP to look like footy pajamas, etc... :)

Short post, I'm sick! :( (and sick of dealing with "6 year-old angst"!!! Kids are cute or who could put up with them sometimes?! I'd bang my head against the wall over an incident at the mall Sunday but I still have my migraine from Friday!!! grrr...... don't worry 'bout me, though, I'll be in a better mood tomorrow... actually will probably be sad since school starts and I'll forget all about what happened after a few hours and start missing him ...)

14 comments:

  1. Great card! I love how you used all the layers and all the little people are so individually decorated! I hope you are feeling better very soon, and try to enjoy your first day back to school, even if you do miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these lil guys are just tooo cute and so innocent-looking!!! LOL Yep.......kids aren't really monsters.......they just act like them sometimes!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute card! Love your coloring and flocking!

    Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card - love those little trick-or-treaters.

    I'm sorry you're sick, but glad you're home now and can relax. Nothing is worse than the mommy being sick and having to deal with everyone else who is sick... and then to be away from home too - well that's just torture. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute with their flocked costumes. I personally am not too thrilled with flock. It doesn't want to seem to stay on the glue.

    Kids are going to be kids. Don't take anything to heart. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute! I love flocking - and it really makes these lil' guys even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, of course!
    I agree 100% about your son! Mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute! I love it, TFS! :)

    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! Hope your head is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just adorable, Melanie!! I love how you made the costumes furry!!

    (I can totally relate to banging heads!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the sweetest little card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these guys--just made a card with it the other day (finally!) lol!

    Hope you are feeling better and the kids had a great first day in school. hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)