Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Mirror, Mirror..."

This was such an easy project to make (but very hard to photograph, not allowing you to see my house of me without makeup reflected in the pic!!) I found this sparkly magnetic mirror at the Target Dollar Spot (for $1) and knew right away I wanted to make a fun locker mirror for my niece who is on dances (the only 8th grader to make their elite school dance team)

After stamping my tee on s sheet of Basic Grey "Sultry" pink paper, I added a stripe of black to each sleeve, filled in the collar, and cut out. I pressed a few sticky stars I got from Jody onto the mirror, frame and shirt, then dumped on Dazzling Diamonds glitter after peeling off the plastic backing, it turned out so sparkly cute! To make the star on the shirt show up a little better, I traced around it with my black pen after "glitterfying" it with a pen the same width as the stamp outline to make it all look uniform. Last I stamped star from the same set under it.
And here I am holding it up (conveniently hidden behind my camera) I would have loved to have had something like this in my own locker in school (even though I wasn't on dance team!) TIP: When I send it to here I'm going to suggest she uses a black permanent marker to add her name or a quote she loves around the frame, doodle or let her friends autograph it , etc, but I really want that part of the project to be her own, to "make it her own".



Hope this inspires you to explore the possibilities these tees provide for teens and tweens alike! Happy creating! I'd love to see your ideas!




PS I like the shirt kind of offset at an angle like I did here just to be decorative, but a fun/ funny thing you could do would be to put the tee in the middle at the bottom going straight up and down so that when the person looks into it their face is lined up with the collar!! (can you picture it?) HEE!!

8 comments:

  1. That is a cute project! I love the idea with the face lining up at the neck of the tee. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a great teen/tween idea!!! And the sparklies!!!! LOVE 'em!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool aunt you are :)
    Love the idea of letting her personalise it also - fab project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen one sample with this set I didn't like. I need money so I can get this awesome set. This is for sure a homerun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is their no end to what can be done with this set? I don't think so!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea. And I love that it does not cost a lot to make. Great gift idea for teen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, that is such a cool mirror. And you just reminded me that I bought some flower stickers that you sprinkle glitter onto a few months ago. They would be perfect to use with your tee set. Totally Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, I have to to make one of these for my niece. She's getting her first locker and she's love it! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)