Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Guest Designer, Week 2: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

It's Thursday, time for more creative cards from Cat! When I opened this card of Cathy's, my mind was flooded with memories of all things 80's: neon, elastic bracelets, cheesy MTV videos, "hair bands", etc (but in a good way, LOL!!) ;)

These colors and the pink tied hemp, and that wrap of day-glo zebra around the shirt and (new!) wave (hee!) of it across the card (along with the custom brads she made to match (Gina K Zoo brads colored with pink marker), rounded and 90 degree corners, it's just a trip! And makes me wanna grab my hairbrush and sing into the mirror (especially pairing this "wild thing" tee with the "you make my heart sing" from my "Cuddles and Hugs", a set with more than one song lyric, power ballads anyone?!) I'm sure the card's recipient would wanna do the same :)

Hope this card brightened your day, tickled your side (and if you're too young to remember all that 80's stuff, well, it's coming back! (Anyone seen the "new" "Breakfast Club" commercials???)

Today is the LAST day to enter a comment on my blog candy post for the Scor-Pal mat! Be sure to leave a comment THERE if you haven't already! (and if you have, but want an extra chance you can link my tip sheet on your blog (again, if you haven't already linked it, let me know on the blog candy post if you do! BTW, did you know Gina K sells the Scor-Pal?? Just thought you might want to know if you already had a certain stamp set or two in your cart(or on your wish list!), you'll get free shipping on whatever that order adds up to for sure! :)

Finally, I've already seen the card she chose for her blog and it will have you slapping your knee, another great card, you'll want to go make one, I know it! (AND, it uses an idea I had thought about (similar, at least) but FORGOT to put on the tip sheet, I told you I left some things out! Go see!

11 comments:

  1. That's one fun card! Love the matching brad! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh AWE-SOME!!! Totally 80's when I was in High School!!!! LOVE it!!! And yes.....Breakfast Club!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally radical! I love this!
    Remembering 80's fashion - big hair, shoulder pads, stove pipe pants, animal prints, huge jewelry....what a great time to be in high school!
    I love showing my kids pictures from back then, they laugh like crazy.
    Thanks for the flashdance, oops I mean flashback!

    Blessings,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, definitely 80's. And I wonder if Cathy remembers my mini skirt outfit that was this color?

    Another great card, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the matching swirl at the back :)
    Cyndi Lauper would be proud :)

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. Brings back wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, totally 80's! Love the colors and how all your sets can be so easily interchanged!

    Hope you are doing well, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shirts are AWESOME!! I NEED those!! I gotta find a place around my area that sells them!!! Your cards are gorgeous!! LOVE the pink and black!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)