Friday, August 15, 2008

(She) Will Rock You (or, "Party Like a Rockstar")



How's this for some grrrrrrl power?! Kind of a "Hannah Montana" style card, fun for girls of any age who just wanna rock!!



To make the belt, I stamped the t-shirt image on black CS, then punched the five holes through the bottom at a slight diagonal (in a row like a hip belt) and added my silver eyelets (Cropodile makes this a breeze!!) Then I cut around the eyelets to each edge of the tee, cut another strip and then adhered the second strip to this white stamped tee and the eyelet strip on top with dimensionals so the belt look layered around the waist. (Honestly, it actually started out as a black tee with eyelets through it like a peekaboo holes, but I ended up not liking the way I cropped the tee and I didn't want the eyelets to go to waist LOL! Salvaged that strip by making it into a belt for a brand new shirt, score!! The rock star was on that black shirt , too, so I just punched it out with my 1" circle to make a logo for my new white, turned out pretty cool, huh? I think the new look was better than what I planned , I love when I get lucky that way! :) I gave the white tee some "edge" by drawing in some wavy lines to make a wider neck and "ripped" bottom and sleeves before cutting and mounting on dimesnionals. I put it at an angle cuz she's really rockin' out! (or about to jump off the stage!)




Both glittery DPs are from DCWV "All Dressed Up" pack. (The "stars and studs" look like a big lightshow to me!) I cut a strip from the graduated circles paper for my border, planned it so that the large circle would be two thirds over for me to stamp my U" on (also from the "Little Tees" set), and matted it on a white strip of CS, then placed this two thirds down on my card. I used Palette Noir ink for the "U", and even though this is a fast drying ink for any surface, stamping it on top of glitter I found I had to blot it with a scratch paper a couple times, it wasn't drying, just FYI)


The finishing touch was to give my trim a holey look to match my cool belt. These rows of small repeating glittered circles look so similar to eyelets and the inside was just the right size for my large Cropodile hole punch so I followed along with that through both the DP and white layer. (Didn't even need to add eyelets, hee hee!) :) This cool little detail really ties it all together and looks fun when the card is opened, seeing that row of holes through the white inside... :)



May your day totally rock!!

13 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK this is so awesome. by the way the mat came today thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB U LOUS! my favorite so far...you are just full of ideas, girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is definitely my favorite so far! I put a project using Jumping for Joy on my blog today. :) Sorry I can't afford the shirts yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward everyday sometimes even twice a day to getting your blog. I love each and everyone of your tees that you have made. I just ordered this set and cannot wait to get it. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ROCK MELANIE!!! I tagged you on my blog BTW!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shirts totally ROCKS!! Very cool, I love all the wonderful ideas you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is totally ROCKIN' and so are YOU!!! That belt is amazing!!! Waaaaaay cool!!!! Now I've got "We Will, We Will ROCK YOU" running thru my head!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my stars! This shirt totally rocks!!! TFS your rockstar creative skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY SHIITAKE!!!!!!! I nearly feel off my chair with this one! I must admit...I LOVE all you've been creating with these FABULOUS tee's...but this one really rocked my socks!!! This is SO my style!!! What does a girl gotta do to bribe you to own this beauty? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally cool, and now the song, "I WANNA ROCK!" is stuck in my head. LOL :) Kel

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)