Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shrink Your Tees


Acck, I realized I forgot to post this Little Tees necklace I made before the release! (although if you checked out our release party thread you may have seen it there) The ringer and "super" "mom" are stamped on white Poly Shrink (be sure to use Staz-on or other permanent ink to prevent smearing) I carefully cut it out and used my Cropodile to make the hole for my jump ring in the corner (the larger hole, remember it shrinks up!) To shrink the tee, place it on a plate or self healing mat and hold in place with a tool like a piercer to embossing tool in the hole. Once you turn on the heat gun it will start to move around/curl but if you keep heating it will eventually flatten out. The arms tend to want to flip over, if they do this you can press then back down and then continue heating. Sometimes it helps while its still warm to press an acrylic block or other flat surface on top of it to get it nice and flat. After I was done heating, I accented the tee with the few pink self adhesive rhinestones, put my jump ring through and threaded it on to this simple ball chain I got at Hobby Lobby for less than 2 bucks. The finished charm is about an inch. Isn't that fun? I plan to make these "super mom" charms for a few friends. (I also wore it myself the other day*, hoping if I wore it, I might just act like one!!)

When I have time, I'd also like to make a mix of t-shirts charms in different styles and colors with different sayings to make a little charm bracelet (colored pencils are a nice way to add color to the Polyshrink) Fun for a little girl OR a big girl(like you or me)! ;) I'm also going to make one to add to a keyring...and maybe a few other projects, too, why stop there?

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

* I did got some compliments on it actually, looks really cute and casual with, you guessed it, jeans and a tee! :)
EDITED TO ADD: Speaking of polyshrink, please check out Lee's fantastic earrings made with this set! oh and another set she just did, oh my! ("supporTEE'ng a cause", she cracks me up!!! :) Have a polyshrink tee project you'd like to share? Let me know!

16 comments:

  1. I think this is may favorite thing to do with your tee set. I did finally make a successful ringer charm for my niece. She cheers and had her "meet the team" night last week. I gave her a charm bracelet with some cheer charms and the shrunken ringer tee in orange and white with "U Rock" stamped in black. Her school colors are orange, black and white. She loved it. I also made a matching card that I will hopefully have a chance to post on my blog tonight. Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the "Little Tees" stamp set and haven't had a chance to use it yet but wanted to thank you for all the ideas and I think this shrinky dink t-shirt is sooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, this is just too cute! My granddaughter is going to love the one I plan to make her. Thanks! Your blog is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OhMyGoodness! I got the Tee set YESTERDAY!!! YAY! And As I was cutting the new rubbah I thought to myself "I sooooooooo need to bust out the shrinkplastic with this set". And today, here it is on your blog! LOVE IT!

    Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super-duper cute. I love what you do with this stamp set. You are amazing! My jaw dropped when I saw this necklace. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a GREAT idea! How very fun!!! I can see a ton of uses like that...oh no...I think I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely ADORABLE Melanie!!! Love this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! I did notice the other stamper's earrings when she posted them. What a versatile set this is. I do hope your migraine and the boys' stomach upsets are all better and everyone is back to normal health.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh! TOOOOOO adorable!!!!!

    I just love your ideas!!!

    I nominated you for an award today. I hope you dont already have it, but if you do, know that you are worthy of 4 or 5!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAY cool! OMG this is such a cute idea Melanie, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the coolest idea! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMgosh...too cute!! I LOVE it,and need to make some for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you KNOW I love this necklace!!! What an awesome gift for any mom!!!! Speaking of Super Mom.........you gotta get some rest now and then!!! Well, as you can see.......I'm having a blast with this set!!! Getting ready to leave today to take DD on a road trip....but when I get back...........more CREATIVITEEEEEE!!!! LOL (you also KNOW I love those puns!!!!). Thanks for mentioning my Shrinky Tees!!! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)